NEW Kindle 6" eBook Reader with 3G (Graphite)
NEW Kindle 6" eBook Reader with 3G (White)
The Amazon Kindle is a the digital equivalent of a fifteen hundred book library all squashed into a device that weighs less than 290 grams and is just 9mm thin. The Kindle is an eReader which utilises the latest type of screen technology that mimics the characteristics of a real book making it much easier to read when compared to a laptop, smartphone or PDA. These e-ink displays require little to no power to display a page, this results in long battery life of up to 1 week continuous reading on a single charge.
The Kindles size and form factor makes it perfect to take anywhere and works great on those long haul flights, drives and even just waiting in long queues.
Kindle has built-in 3G/EDGE which allows you to connect to the Amazon bookstore from where there are over 400,000 books, popular newspapers and magazines available for sale directly via the Kindle. You do not need to connect the Kindle to a PC nor Mac and you can download from almost anywhere in the world, including South Africa. The books are competitively priced and the range is continuously growing.
Not Just a Book Reader
You are not just limited to using the Kindle as a book reader, you can view PDF, Word and many other documents and files on the device. Kindle also supports MP3 audio files, so you can listen to music, podcasts and narrated books all from one device.
Books can be Read Out
The Kindle has as a trial feature the abilty to have books reads out aloud to you, so if you working out in the gym or just don’t feel like reading, you can let the Kindle do all the work for you.
- You will never need a bookmark or to remember which page you were on, as the Kindle does all the remembering for you and returns you to the last page you read.
- The Kindle has a built in dictionary so you can quickly look up those unfamiliar words
- Audio Books from Audible are also supported
- Change the size of the text to suit your preferences
- Slim and Lightweight: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines. At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback
- Wireless: 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle, anytime, anywhere; no monthly fees, service plans, or hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots
- Books in Under 60 Seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
- Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for clear text and even crisper images
- Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging