Calypso is a global leader in cross-asset back office solutions for processing and accounting, offering award-winning functionality that replaces silo systems with a single solution.
Within one single framework Calypso provides straight-through processing for all asset classes through the entire trade lifecycle – from deal entry and position management to enterprise wide risk management through to post-trade processing, settlements and accounting.
Financial institutions benefit from a consistent approach to back office processing across assets classes which is equally well-suited to high-volume FX trading as it is to low-volume structured products.
The straight-through processing framework is versatile and flexible, supporting business process re-engineering and continuous improvement in workflow efficiencies over time.
Calypso back office performs continuous follow-the-sun processing, covering multiple time zones and handling complex hierarchies with multiple legal entities, trading desks and processing centers. Clients can scale by establishing dedicated global processing centers which improve efficiency and total-cost-of-ownership.
Calypso enables financial institutions of all sizes to achieve high levels of STP efficiency in a number of ways:
- Real-time – As each event occurs, all consequent processing occurs instantaneously and results are immediately visible to the user.
- Workflow-driven – Business rules are defined by users and processing steps sequenced within a flexible workflow framework to create straight-through processing.
- Exception-based – All processing can be performed automatically unless an exception occurs or the user decides a particular processing step should be manual.
- Dashboard Reporting – Processing status and progress is monitored in real time using Calypso’s dashboard reporting tool - providing users with a bird’s eye view of processing activities globally.
Calypso supports a full set of back office functions including:
- Cash and Liquidity Management
- Collateral Management
- Confirmation matching
- Position management
- Corporate actions
- Audit and Control
- Hedge Accounting