Ptruck is a light to heavy duty vehicle towing service intended to tow vehicles that cannot be driven as a result of mechanical faults or accident damage.
These vehicles include for the following:
- Accident damaged motor vehicles
- Motor vehicle trade calls. Example, (Vehicle Repossessions, delivery and collection of vehicles for mechanical services, etc.)
- Accident damaged light to heavy duty vehicles (Small, medium and large trucks)
- Truck trade calls for mechanical breakdowns, (Drive train defects like clutch or prop-shaft etc.)
- Secure storage of vehicles at our premises in Roodepoort
The company Ptruck was founded in August 2002 as a back-up service for Perfect Panel beaters (Pty) Ltd. Ptruck originally took over the management of the Perfect Panelbeaters towing vehicle fleet. In December 2002 Perfect Panel beaters (Pty) Ltd was sold to a new owner who decided Ptruck must find their own premises and be independent. Ptruck since developed into a 24 hour towing service. 01 August 2008 will complete six years of operation.
Modern technology makes the roadside repair of new model vehicles increasingly difficult as specialised equipment is required for repair. Certain mechanical breakdowns like engine overheating or vehicle drive train faults cannot be repaired at the roadside. Ptruck. does not run accidents as is the case where most panel beaters are involved but to rather do trade calls and only accidents where we are requested by the client to collect his vehicle from the accident scene.
Our operations are headed by our Operations Director and Operations Manager. The operations are based at our offices in Robertville, Roodepoort from where our vehicles are dispatched during office hours. The operation is a 24hour service. Our offices are not manned on a 24 hour basis but our services are available on a 24hour basis. This is achieved by use of cellular technology. The after hours cellular number is available 24/7. Should the first number not be answered the call will be transferred to the second and third numbers.
We have a policy of keeping the person who is to be towed informed of our movement toward moving of their vehicle from the scene. Our management team is well acquainted with experience and skills to ensure that the correct vehicle is despatched for the conditions as they as informed by the person on the scene from where the vehicle need to be moved. Should it not be possible to safely conduct towing of vehicle due to unforeseen circumstances we will inform the client of our reasons and will do our utmost the arrange for sub-contractors or information necessary to complete the work
Should a client have complaints that cannot be resolved by the Operations team the complaint can be put in writing to our E-mail address from where our Top Management will reply.
At inception the Ptruck. fleet consisted of two towing vehicles. One roll-back and one 8Ton Sling (The perfect tool for medium sized vehicles). The fleet has since increased to the following:
- 5 X 8 Ton Isuzu FTR800 Turbo roll-backs
- 1 X 25 Ton International 7600 Mechanical horse with 10 Ton low-bed trailer
- 1 X 350hp International with rear mounted hydraulic lifting device and crane
- 1 X Light weight trailer for the motorcycles and quad bike
- 1 X Tri Axle 30 Ton trailer