pregnancy, specialist, scan
- 5-6 Week Pregnancy – A gestational sac is clearly
depicted at 5 weeks and the embryo and heartbeat at 6 weeks. The
viability of the foetus can be determined in the presence of pelvic
pain, bleeding or the investigation of ectopic pregnancy (abnormal
- Nuchal Scan (11-14 weeks) – Measurement of the neck
is effective in detecting the possibility of a Down?s Syndrome baby.
- 2nd Trimester Anatomy Screening (18-24 weeks) – The
foetus is thoroughly screened in the investigation of structural and
chromosomal abnormalities. Foetal size, weight, organs, limbs, digits,
heart rate, umbilical cord, placental position, amniotic fluid, multiple
pregnancies, movements and gender are documented. Kicking, waving,
yawning and even blinking can be captured.
- 3rd Trimester Scan – Foetal position, growth,
weight, well-being placental position and fluid volume are assessed at
- 3D/4DScan (12-33 weeks) – 3D images are impressive
reconstructions of the foetal image while 4D scans are dynamic
reconstructions of the moving baby displaying kicking, blinking, yawning
and waving. 3D/4D scans are perfect opportunities for psychological
bonding with its spectacular pictures designed to impress Moms and Dads.