:: PRODUCTS PAGE ::
We have a wide variety of imported and domestic hard and soft wood to choose from. We also offer..
- Custom made laminated beams available for large-scale commercial projects
- Custom profile design: we can work with you one-on-one to create
completely unique profiles to add your own personal touch to your
Glulam (Saligna) and Lamstock (Pine)
Many building designers shy away from design in laminated beams because
they perceive it to be more difficult than steel or concrete. Nothing
could be further from the truth. Once familiar with design requirements
there is no problem.
There are a number of features of laminated beams that make them superior to alternative structural members. These include:
- User friendly. Light weight and easy to cut and drill make
laminated beams easy for any builder to erect. No special skills and
only traditional carpentry tools are required, minimising the number of
sub-contractors required on site.
- Excellence of acoustics is a noted benefit. In many situations
laminated beams have been used with success to improve or overcome
- High strength to weight ratio means lighter members are required,
enabling a reduction in size in other structural components, for example
additional floors to a building are often constructed of laminated
beams for this reason.
- Chemical resistance. Laminated beams work well in harsh
environments, for example in corrosive chemical stores, acid plants,
salt-water environments and swimming pools. It does not rust.
- Fire resistance. Laminated beams perform well in fires, charring
the outer few millimetres of material but continuing its structural
function long after steel trusses would have collapsed in the same
Glued laminated timber is available in a variety of widths and lengths,
size is limited only by transport considerations. Laminated beams offer
unparalleled versatility and the appearance is an important attribute.
- Our four moulders produce unique dado, skirting boards and other moulded timber products. 2 four siders for decking and PAR
- Our maximum machining size is limited to ex 200 X 50mm - everything else is limited only by your imagination.
To ensure and maintain quality standards RSB have full in house control
over all process involved to produce RSB timber products from the raw
wood to the finished product.