DSTV Viewing Options What is Extra View? Extra View is a highly cost effective and flexible way of getting more DStv channels into your home, An Extra View set up allows you to set up two Extra View capable DStv decoders at a cost of a single subscription, plus an access fee of R65 per month. This allows you to view two channels at once in two different locations within your Home yet paying for one account. Aerea Connect offers you a number of Extra View packages to choose from: Check out our fantastic packages below.
How does Extra View work? Basically, two decoders* are linked to work under a single subscription. Each decoder is independently connected to the satellite dish and each decoder has a smartcard. In the Extra View installation, one decoder is designated as the "primary" decoder and the other one is designated as the "secondary". The decoders are linked by a cable that allows communication between them and the primary decoder sends a "heartbeat" to the secondary decoder via this cable. If the cable is removed or the "heartbeat" lost, the secondary decoder will lose video & audio until the cable is replaced or the "heartbeat" resumed. There is no impact to the primary decoder if the cable is disconnected.
DSD1110 + DSD1110 Decoders
View Two Record Zero Aerea Connect will ensure great fun for everyone at home. The 1110 + 1110 Extra View package delivers an incredible full dual view viewing experience – allowing access to two different channels on two different TVs at the same time. This means, you are able to watch your favorite sport channel in the lounge, while the other members of your family are watching a different channel within the same house. Interactive services such as TV Guide, Super Sport Active and Title Search are available on both the primary and secondary decoder and you also have an option of different Parental Control settings for each decoder. WOW – the only additional monthly cost (over and above your standard subscription) is the R65 access fee. A Decoder Care Contract (DCC) for each decoder is optional.
HD PVR + DSD1110 Decoder View Two and Record Two To enhance you viewing pleasure, Aerea Connect also provides you with a more enhanced extra view option
The HD PVR + 1110 XtraView package delivers a phenomenal dual view viewing experience with added PVR features – allowing access to two different channels on two different TVs at the same time, whilst simultaneously recording two other channels!
PVR functionality (including pause Live TV, FF, REW, access to the Playlist) and the HD Channel are available on the primary decoder (the HD Decoder), whilst Interactive services (including TV Guide and SuperSport Active) are available in both. The HD PVR Favourite Channels feature is available on the primary decoder (the HD Decoder ), while the useful Title Search feature is available in the other. And again you can even have different Parental Control settings for each decoder.
WOW - the only additional monthly cost (over and above your standard subscription) is the R65 access fee. A Decoder Care Contract (DCC) for each decoder is optional.
HD PVR + HD PVR View two record Four Aerea Connect offers you an even more advanced extra viewing option
HD PVR + HD PVR Etxra View package, delivers a full dual view PVR viewing experience.
You can view a different channel live, from the buffer or playback on both the primary and the secondary decoder, while concurrently recording 4 other channels at the same time. You can also access both playlists from both the secondary and the primary decoders.
This also means that PVR functionality ( pause Live TV, FF, REW, access to the playlist), the HD channels and interactive services are available on both the primary and the secondary decoders. You also have an option to set different Parental Control levels for each decoder and with the Favourite Channels feature, can also select different Favourite Channels for both the secondary and primary decoder .
With its 300hrs recording capacity, this extra viewing package is sure to give So Much More
WOW – the only additional monthly cost (over and above your standard subscription) is the R65 access fee. In other words, you pay the same monthly subscription costs for a HD PVR + HD PVR combo, as you would for the HD PVR on its own! A Decoder Care Contract (DCC) for each decoder is optional.
Note that each HD PVR can record up to 150 hours of SD content. If you only record HD content, each HD PVR has a recording capacity of 50 hours.
HD PVR + SD PVR View Three and Record Three
The HD PVR + SD PVR XtraView combo delivers a full triple view PVR viewing experience. You have PVR functionality (including pause Live TV, FF, REW, access to the playlist) in 3 separate television points, and interactive services in two.
You can view a different channel (live, from the buffer or playback) on three different TVs, while simultaneously recording three other channels. You can also access both playlists from each environment.
The HD PVR Favourite Channels feature and the HD Channel is available on the primary decoder (one television point) and you can even set different Parental Control levels for each decoder.
This Extra Viewing package has a combined recording capacity of 230 hours
WOW – the only additional monthly cost (over and above your standard subscription) is the R65 access fee. In other words, you pay the same monthly subscription costs for a HD PVR + SD PVR combo, as you would for the HD PVR or SD PVR on its own! A Decoder Care Contract (DCC) for each decoder is optional.
Note that the HD PVR can record up to 150 hours of SD content. If you only record HD content, the HD PVR has a recording capacity of 50 hours, ie. a minimum of 130 hours combined recording capacity.
AEREA CONNECT SALES 011 050 1581 / 078 321 2889 / 078 976 2049
TECHNICAL 084 265 1820
Mounting of your TV’s
Your television can be neatly mounted onto the wall with various plasma brackets all shown below.
- LCDs are good for still images and make good computer monitors. This means it ideal for TV and computer use.
- Quality LCDs have advanced brightness level pictures.
- LCD flat panels don't take up room and can be mounted on walls.
- Quality LCDs have a fairly long life, especially compared to older models.
- There are more 1080p LCD models than plasma (you'll see a sharper picture with a 1080p model).
- LCDs are not good for fast-moving pictures. When an object moves quickly across the screen, the image "delays" (there are trails of pixilation or blockingess), because the screen can't keep up. For this reason, LCDs that are 37″ or smaller generally have better image quality because the delay is less noticeable than on larger LCDs.
- LCD TVs have difficulty with black levels
- LCD image looks great when you're staring directly at it, but if you are watching from a slanted view the quality of the image can diminish greatly.
- LCDs are very expensive over 35″
- LCDs sometimes have pixel failure. This isn't a common problem with top name brands, where one or two pixels might eventually die, leaving a black dot here and there. This is hardly noticeable unless you're standing directly in front of the screen (considering a 20″ LCD screen has 30,000 pixels). However, in cheaper models where 10% of the pixels could go out, the TV may become unwatchable.
- Top name brand plasmas have a fairly long life, lasting about 20 years at a six hours per day pace.
- A plasma screen has a field vision of about 180 degrees without loss of picture quality.
- That means you can watch the screen from any angle.
- Plasmas are very bright (about 4-5 times brighter than the average TV)
- They have great contrast ratios (enables them to show better shadow detail)
- They have excellent picture response.
- There is virtually no delay (blockiness or pixilation) like with LCDs.
- Plasmas can have burn in problems.
- Plasmas do not make as good computer monitors as LCDs.
- If you were to leave the Plasma TV on for 24 hours a day and there was an image that remained constant on the screen (like a logo), you would run the risk of that image permanently burning into the screen. However, the chance of this happening is often over-exaggerated.
- Plasmas are not available below 37 inches.