Do you need to Detox?
Reflexology by Natalie Holme
Alternative Medicine, Natural Healing, Holistic Healing
Even though you've probably just had some time off over the festive season, you may still be feeling sluggish. Struggling with skin problems, aches and pains, or digestive problems? Can't seem to lose weight? It might be time for a body detox.
Detoxification means cleaning the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. However, when this system is compromised, impurities aren't properly filtered and every cell in the body is adversely affected.
You can start the detoxification process by lightening up your toxin load. Eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats, all of which act as toxins in the body and are obstacles to your healing process. Also, minimize use of chemical-based household cleaners and personal health care products (cleansers, shampoos, deodorants and toothpastes), and substitute natural alternatives.
Another deterrent to good health is stress, which triggers your body to release stress hormones into your system. While these hormones can provide the "adrenaline rush" to win a race or meet a deadline, in large amounts they create toxins and slow down detoxification enzymes in the liver.
Lifestyle practices to help detoxify your body include:
1. Eating plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beetroot, radish, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
3. Drink at least two liters of alkaline fluid per day. Add apple cider vinegar, lemon, cucumber or herbal teas to your water.
4. Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions. Exercise and breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
5. Sweat in a sauna or steam bath so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration.
An excellent way to detox the body is with Reflexology treatments. When the reflex and meridian points are stimulated during a Reflexology treatment, circulation is increased which causes toxins to break apart and be eliminated. These toxins cause blockages in the body which leads to ill health and if not removed can manifest in infertility, depression, chronic conditions, auto-immune disorders & even tumors.
Make a positive start to 2015 by adding a detox regimen and reflexology to your new year’s resolution.
, Holistic Healing
, Natural Healing
, Reflexology for detoxing