Psychological Counselling & Pastoral / Christian Counselling

By: Karen Hayward - Pastoral / Christian Counselling  09-21-2011
Keywords: Counselling, Psychology, Divorce

Registered Counselling is a relatively new category of registration with the Health Professions Council of SA. It differs from the various categories of Psychology, which involves a Masters degree in an area of specialization (i.e. clinical, counselling, educational, etc.). Registered Counsellors have a B.Psych post-graduate qualification and are required to do an internship. Karen obtained her B.Psych degree through the Institute of Christian Psychology, and an Honours in Psychology through UP. Her Masters degree is not in the field of Psychology, but in Practical Theology - Pastoral Counselling. As such counselling is more short-term and basic than various forms of therapy offered by psychologists, in the case of more serious difficulties. The Phd she is currently busy with - Gestalt Play Therapy, will enhance her work as Registered Counsellor.

Keywords: Abuse Survivors, Abuse Trauma, Building Healthy Relationships, Christian Counselling, Counselling, Dealing with personal pain, Divorce, Facing Shame, groups, Individual, Mediation of parenting plans, Overcoming Childhood Abuse, Parenting with love & boundaries, Psychology, Save haven marriage, Trauma, Trauma Counselling, Trauma Debriefing, Trauma Survivors,

Contact Karen Hayward - Pastoral / Christian Counselling


Print this page