Remuneration: Market Related (CTC) Package
City: Johannesburg / Craighall Park
The successful candidate’s primary role is to enable the sales function with a robust operational framework that will guarantee success while maintaining the balance between the demands of business development with prudent / risk judgment.
The mandate of Sales Operations is to ensure the efficient and effective running of the day-to-day operations of sales. Sales Operations are a set of business activities and processes that help a sales function run effectively, efficiently and in support of business strategies and objectives.
As Sales Operations Manager you will be the liaison for “sales” to other parts of the organisation such as Finance, Marketing and Information Technology. You will represent the needs of sales in meetings and cross-functional projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Due diligence and monitoring of operations.
- Establishing and monitoring compliance to standards within the sales function and with stakeholders where key dependencies exist e.g. market & product management, product house fulfillment, channel fulfillment and other support functions.
- Meeting business objectives within timelines and effectively communicating updates to stakeholders across the business unit.
- Designing, developing and implementing strategies to provide on-going opportunities for process and procedural improvement across the business.
- Ensuring and promoting a compliant, risk and accountable culture.
- Support the business when negotiating with clients, vendors, other business areas and third parties to the completion of operation to the best professional standard.
- A minimum of a relevant tertiary degree:
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Business, Finance, or equivalent)
- Strong working knowledge of IT Hardware and Software (Ideal).
- Familiar with sales tools and applications (MS CRM, etc.).
- MBA (Ideal / Preferred).
- Proven experience within a management position.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of processes and services environment.
- Must have a strong background in operations and process re-engineering with the ability to translate that into new opportunities for the business.