Untitled Document - decorators plaster primer
Paint, Surface Preparation, Plaster Primer
Decorators Plaster Primer
Decorators Plaster Primer is a traditional, yet cost-effective, solvent-based, penetrating, bonding and stabilising liquid and sealer for
- Interior and exterior use
- on powdery, friable and very porous or stained substrates (such as old paint, new friable or porous plaster and fillers).
Once Decorator’s Plaster Primer has been applied, these areas can be over-coated with a range of water- and solvent-based decorative products.
- Excellent penetrating and binding properties
- Excellent adhesion
- Excellent alkali resistant properties
- Excellent stain-blocking properties
- Once sealed, can be top-coated with a wide range of water- and solvent-based products
- Powdery, friable, weathered or previously painted areas
- Fire or nicotine-stained areas
- Previously Painted Surfaces: remove all loose, flaking or bubbling paint, as well as all dust, foreign material or fungal and algal growth. Allow to dry.
- Limewash coated walls: as far as possible remove limewash with scraper blades, soft wire or hard fibre brushes, but be careful not to damage the plaster.
- Dry interior filler: sand carefully and remove dust.
- Dry exterior cement-based filler: sand carefully and remove dust.
- Apply Plaster Primer with a brush or roller.
- Leave overnight to dry and repeat procedure if required.
- Allow to dry before over-coating with the required primer or topcoat.
- Do not apply before 9 am or after 4 pm in winter.
- Do not apply to exterior if rain is likely within 4-6 hours of application.
- Clean application equipment with white spirits.
Colour Range and Quantities
- Available in white only
- 5 litres
- This product contains no toxic substances but is flammable.
- Use only in well-ventilated areas; do not eat, drink or smoke while using the product.
, No Toxic Substances
, Plaster Primer
, Surface Preparation
, toxic substances