mild steel, Surface Preparation, Galvanised Steel
Anti-corrosive Metal Primer
Steel Primer is a traditional, alkyd-based, anti-corrosive metal primer
- for use on degreased, clean, rust-free mild steel
- under a range of Paint’s water- and solvent-based products.
- An anti-corrosive primer suitable for use in the South African environment
- Suitable for use on degreased, clean, rust-free mild steel
- Excellent adhesion
- Excellent, no-mess application properties
- Can be over-coated with a range of Paint’s water- and solvent-based products
- Degreased, clean rust-free mild steel
- Rusted metal: affected areas need to be cleaned back to bright metal by hand, mechanical or blast cleaning.
- New metal: surfaces need to be abrasively degreased to remove the manufacturer’s grease protective layer; this process is repeated until the surface is water break free.
- Brush or spray a generous coat of Steel Primer to the area that needs protecting; for very severe cases (e.g. in very harsh marine environments) 2 coats of Steel Primer are required.
- Allow 24 hours to dry before recoating with Paint’s water- or solvent-based products.
- Do not apply before 9 am or after 4 pm in winter.
- Do not apply to exterior if rain is likely within 4-6 hours of application.
- Steel Primer is ready for use un-thinned: thinning will reduce its hiding-power and its anti –corrosion protectiveness.
- Spreading rate will vary with porosity and type of substrate: for uncoated new work 1 litre will cover about 5-7 sq metres; for subsequent coats and when applied to sealed or previously painted substrates, 1 litre will cover 7-9 sq metres.
- Clean application equipment with white spirits.
- Steel Primer should never be mixed with other products.
- Steel Primer should never be applied to galvanised steel (peeling problems will occur).
Colour Range and Quantities
- Available in grey only
- Available in 500ml; 1/ 5 / 20 litres
- This product is flammable.
- Use only in well-ventilated areas; do not eat, drink or smoke while using the product.
, Application Procedure
, Galvanised Steel
, Metal Primer
, mild steel
, Steel Primer
, Surface Preparation