Plaster, Surface Preparation, toxic substances
Bonding Liquid is a solution polymer-based, penetrating, bonding and stabilising liquid and sealer for
- interior and exterior use
- on powdery, friable or very porous new or weathered substrates (such as limewash, old paint, new friable or porous plaster and fillers).
Once Bonding Liquid has been applied, these areas can be over-coated with a range of water- and solvent-based decorative products.
- Excellent penetrating and binding properties
- Excellent adhesion
- Excellent alkali resistant properties
- Once sealed, can be top-coated with a wide range of water- and solvent-based products
- New or weathered plaster, hardboard or fibre-cement walls
- Powdery, friable, weathered or previously painted areas
- Uncoated dry porous concrete surfaces: remove all dust, foreign material or fungal and algal growth.
- Uncoated weathered or new fibre-cement surfaces: remove all dust, foreign material or fungal and algal growth.
- Raw plaster: remove all dust, foreign material or fungal and algal growth.
- Previously painted surfaces: remove all loose, flaking or bubbling paint, as well all dust, foreign material or fungal and algal growth. Allow to dry.
- Limewash coated walls: as far as possible remove limewash with scraper blades, soft wire or hard fibre brushes, but be careful not to damage the plaster.
- Dry interior filler: sand carefully and remove dust.
- Dry cement-based exterior filler: sand carefully and remove dust.
- Using a brush or roller, apply Bonding Liquid mixed with 10-25% white spirits, depending on the porosity of the substrate (the more porous the substrate, the greater the amount of white spirits).
- Leave overnight to dry and repeat procedure if required.
- Allow to dry before over-coating with the required primer or topcoat.
- Do not apply before 9 am or after 4 pm in winter.
- Do not apply to exterior if rain is likely within 4-6 hours of application.
- Clean application equipment with white spirits.
- Colour Range and Quantities
- Available in clear
- 1 / 5 / 20 litres
- This product contains no toxic substances but is flammable.
Use only in well-ventilated areas; do not eat, drink or smoke while using the product.
, No Toxic Substances
, Surface Preparation
, toxic substances