Immediate access to relevant content
The reason why they are more useful than a standard barcode is that they can store (and digitally present) much more data, including url links, geo coordinates, and text. The other key feature of QR Codes is that instead of requiring a chunky hand-held scanner to scan them, many modern cell phones can scan them.
How does the cell phone read the code?
The cell phone needs a QR code reader, like this one from
. It takes a minute for someone with an iPhone or Android phone to find and install the reader.
What can these codes be used for?
- Quickly transport users from print materials to digital
- Help users save information on their mobile devices for later use
- Can be used on a wide variety of mediums
- Allow consumers to quickly take action or learn more
- Eliminate the need for users to remember or type a URL or promo code
- Create intrigue and a viral buzz for your campaign by providing something new and fresh