THE PROFESSIONAL COMMITTEE SECRETARY
Business Courses, Business Comunication
This one-day seminar provides attendees with an understanding of: what minutes are and how they are constructed, the role and responsibilities of a committee secretary, the preparation required in order to be able to take minutes effectively and different approaches to taking minutes. We look at the note taking process, drafting the minutes and the finalisation of these. We also look at business English, provide guidance on layout and have a look at some examples of minutes and the supporting documentation.
Course Outcomes: The outcomes of this practical workshop are understanding:
• Meetings: the processes and procedures and associated documentation
• The role, duties and responsibilities of the secretary and how to build self-confidence and expertise.
• Preparation required in order to ensure a professional set of minutes is produced
• Minutes: taking notes, drafting the minutes and finalising these (including: an overview of the mechanics of writing, writing aids, spidergrams, separating messages from words and summarising rather than transcribing).
• Business English, with a brief look at sentences, paragraphs, diction and punctuation.
• Layout, including: typing rules, numbering, fonts, margins, bullets and headings.
• Standard documents, including the: notice, request, agendas and minutes
, Business Courses