Core Consultants offers two different consultancy services, namely Due Diligence & Economic Consulting and Corporate Culture Consulting.
Due Diligence & Economic Consulting
Core Consultants focuses on providing personal customised commodity research and consultancy according to each client’s specific requirements, as well as counselling on market access opportunities and strategies, particularly in Africa.
Our clients comprise multinational commodity research companies wishing to outsource their research capabilities to South Africa, as well as resource companies who require an enhancement of their understanding of Africa’s commodity potential and general economic prospects of their commodity portfolios as well as those aiming to expand their existing operations or enter new markets.Core Consultants has strong capabilities in both economic and market research as well as business strategy. Our clients come predominantly from the, ferroalloys and bulk commodities sectors, but we also have clients who focus on minor metals and minerals such as cobalt and lithium. Consequently, our knowledge and insight into these fields is infinite.
Our services include:
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies;
- Strategic market entry studies;
- Shortlisting potential acquisitions;
- Sourcing potential off-take/marketing agreements;
Corporate Culture Consulting
The rapid development of economic globalisation and transnational corporations has led to conflict all across the globe. Suddenly cultures, which previously had very little contact, are now thrust into a close working proximity leading to socio-cultural clashing.
How do managers from China understand the concept of "ubuntu" in regard to its African workers' healthcare? How can American companies understand the Tsembaga Maring's approach to animal culling when trying to broker a deal for infrastructural development in Papua New Guinea?
- Negotiation with local communities (relocation, concession rights, labour disputes, etc)*
- Alleviating tensions between different levels of management;
- Confronting cultural disparities amongst employees;
- Implementing, clarifying and/or enhancing the corporate cultural policies/growth strategies of an organisation;
- Identifying opportunities to strengthen cultural alignment for optimal performance;
- Uncovering priorities and gaining conviction about areas for development;
- Monitoring of long-term cultural change.
Core Consultants' capacity as mediator for negotiations is to offer a balanced cultural perspective and not as a linguistic interpreter. Should linguistic services be required, Core Consultants will facilitate in this regard