Banzi offers a wide range of services that are available for all stages of project development.
The planning and direction of exploration operation (mineral, geotechnical).
- The execution of reconnaissance and detailed civil (geotechnical) and exploration investigations (including appropriate remote geophysical or aerial surveys; laboratory and ground based field testing work), the preparation of relevant reports, recommendations and designs.
- Evaluation of mineral deposits, investment and mining feasibility studies.
- Impact assessments and management of environmental issues and preparation of relevant data and reports.
- Geo-legal investigations, including mineral rights evaluations, valuations and investigations.
On large projects where the period of on-site involvement is substantial, the firm's policy is to establish a formal presence convenient to the site and client.
Geophysical, Field and Laboratory Testing Services
The firm's standard policy is to assign this work to relevantly experienced and competitive contractors and commercial testing laboratories. Award of the work is made with due consideration as to the particular expertise of the firm or individual, and where required to their relative price competitiveness. However the firm retains the right to award work to contractors whom, in its opinion, are best suited to the work while still remaining within a reasonable price range of competitive services and skills.
Banzi has been involved in numerous geo-legal investigations including data capture and report preparation for compensation claims for tunnels, loss of reserves/resources due to dam construction over mining land. More recently Banzi has undertaken many investigations on behalf of the Legal Resources Centre in Pretoria in relation to restitution and environmental issues.
Many projects have included aspects of mineral and surface rights investigations in relation to prospecting, mine establishment and environmental management planning for mines and prospecting.
The forerunner of Banzi, Image Software Systems (Pty) Ltd (ISS) was established in 1986. Over the years, the firm has developed an extensive experience in the needs of the PC based mining software market. To this end, ISS has obtained franchises for a variety of software, which can be used in evaluation of mineral deposits and mines. Banzi offers extensive Bureau services in computer based geological modelling of mineral deposits and mine evaluation, including structural/engineering geological aspects of rock mechanics. Banzi provides new software development services in these fields, utilising highly skilled local and overseas programmers.
In 1997, ISS were appointed South African Agents for Techbase, a powerful database system, and geological modelling and ore reserve & mine evaluation software package. This agency has continued with Banzi.
Techbase allows for interfacing with other database systems, mine planning & scheduling packages. It also works with spreadsheet, word-processing or desktop publishing programmes for data analysis and report writing. It is ESRI compatible and handles “shape” files in both directions.
Through its network of overseas software developers, such as Techbase International and local specialists, Banzi is able to provide a comprehensive software maintenance and development capability.
Banzi provides services in the fields of computer based geological modelling of mineral deposits and mine evaluation, including aspects of rock mechanics, utilising highly skilled local and overseas programmers.
Banzi continuously looks for new opportunities in software development, system integration and the provision of total PC based solutions in the field of programme interaction through Windows or other tailor-made solutions.
Our client list over the years has included:
- Agipcoal SA
- Anglo Group
- Ashanti Gold Mining Company
- Billiton Plc
- Coal and Mineral Technologies (Pty) Ltd
- Cullinan Minerals (SAMREC)
- Department of Minerals and Energy
- Duiker Mining Limited
- ESKOM (TRI)
- Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality
- Eyesizwe Coal
- Germiston City Council
- Gold Fields Limited
- Impala Platinum Holdings Limited
- International Mining Consultants
- Johannesburg Metropolitan Council
- Kumba Resources Limited
- Lafarge Cement
- Lancaster Quarries Pty Ltd
- Platinum Australia
- Rio Tinto
- Shell Minerals
- Total Coal
- Izingwe Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- Nyati Resources – Denver USA
- Badimo Gas (Pty) Ltd
- WBHO Construction (Pty) Ltd