Building Dream Teams
As one of the Best Motivational Speakers in my Goal when I speak is:
- To ignite magic in each audience member, to connect with them, so that I can help them to renew their vision, discover a lost belief or even birth a new one.
- I strive to create a spark in as many people in the audience as possible and to inspire them to take action so they can achieve the results they desire.
This training intervention is designed to highlight the importance of recognizing the individuals in each of your teams as the most valuable assets your company has. We show you how to realize the greatest value from each team member by investing energy into, converting them into passionate and productive contributors, who add value to your team’s business synergy.
When you are working with passionate, productive, driven people that are working toward a common objective and vision, you have the makings of a “DREAM TEAM”. Each member of the “DREAM TEAM” does not only become a powerful contributor to the overall success of the team, but also gets to really enjoy what they do, thereby gaining richer and deeper career satisfaction along the way.
To leverage the maximum benefit form everyone in your team, you need to become “QUALIIED” to lead them. This means that each team leader needs to be an example of the productivity, passion and results they want their teams to realize.
Each leader must focus on leadership basics and strive to lead by example and their teams will become magnets for top talent and teamwork. The team’s processes will become organic and effortless, allowing the team to realize all their objectives.
There are only a few fundamentals for building effective “Dream Teams”. All team members must have real trust in each other; they must have a common vision, engage in meaningful planning practices, constantly measure their performance and understand their individual responsibilities to the team’s collective implementation activities.
Trust is always conditional and real trust takes a long time to build, but as you know trust can be destroyed in seconds. Building a dream team requires that you start to build the fundamentals of trust as listed below, between all team members.
1) They must quickly realize that each team member will not put their own self interest ahead of the needs of the team.
2) Each team member must be able to trust everyone within their team to behave within the bounds of social norms.
3) They must be able to trust each team member to deliver their fair share, so that the team can achieve its goals.
4) Every team member must know that each team member will only act with integrity at all times.
5) Each team member must know that their leadership will always act in their best interests.
6) Everyone within the team must trust that every other team member will always try to perform at their best.
Trust is built between team members by observation and by taking personal responsibility for delivering on your commitments. As team members continually experience positive results and see the integrity within the team, the level of trust will grow and results will improve daily.
Your vision and values within your teams, defines the why behind everything they do and forms the foundation for what they can achieve as a team. The time invested in discovering and defining the vision for your team and defining the teams values will most certainly be worth the effort. When the team has a clearly defined vision, all team members are actions are aligned and their efforts are very focused.
Don't you think it is time for you to invest the effort into converting the outcomes you want for your team into a real vision for your future? The outcomes you want to achieve with your team are nothing more than pipe dreams, until you have a clear vision. A vision is something concrete; you can act upon, set goals around and actually use to guide the efforts of each team member.