Herewith a brief explanation of our installation procedure:
- Plan: The site is measured and layout done according to plan
- Levels: Starting on the levels, these are predetermined by the Construction Manager for good drainage
- Surface: Designed for your specific use, prepared and compacted by means of mechanical equipment to prevent later subsidence
- Sub-base: Compactable crusher fill is brought in, spread, watered and compacted to give you solid and rock-hard sub base.
- Weed killer: Roundup sprayed over the area to kill all grass and weeds that may have been missed during initial ground works.
- Screed: Flexi-screed of washed, weed free river sand forms the cushion for the bricks to be bedded onto.
- Bricks: Form the top of the range Afri Paving - only the best are used
- Grout: A wet mixture of plaster sand and cement is worked in-between the bricks to form a strong bond and seal the surface
compaction: During the grout operation a mechanical surface compaction
is done to bed the bricks to a smooth level into the flexi-screed