RULA Bulk Materials Handling formerly known as J.M.S.A. (Johannes Möller SA) While still providing specialised Bulk Pneumatic Conveying and Silo Storage Solutions, we have installed various material handling systems for fluidisable products and also mechanical handling systems, e.g. Belt Conveyors, Screw Conveyors and various elevators and other applications.
We have kept our relationship with our highly regarded foreign partners by means of licensing agreements that secure and broaden our technology base.
Apart from the materials handling field, RULA has expanded into the field of flow dynamics and dynamic piping systems for a wide range of air, steam and water systems.
| The materials we are most familiar with are: |
| || || |
We design and manufacture our own range of materials handling equipment.
Our elegant designs are the solution to your Materials Handling and Storage needs. Your success lies in our ongoing dedication to Technical Innovation and Optimisation. We have an experienced team of mechanical, electrical, C&I and civil engineers and our goal is to optimise each plant’s technical capability while using intelligent design to minimise costs. Our specialised design capabilities include:
- Pneumatic conveying system design. This is a unique capability in South Africa. We have developed our own in-house pneumatic conveying design program, Rulaflow. We use iterative approach to compressible flow calculations. This combined with 20 years experience in the industry means that our results can be used with confidence. We also have in-depth experience in the design of pneumatic conveying system ancillaries such as airslides, vent ducts, filters, air pipes, fans and the like.
- Mechanical conveying design. We have vast experience in conveyor belt, bucket elevator and other mechanical conveying system design. Our in-house design sheets and norms facilitate speedy and accurate designs.
- Bulk solids flow design. Our engineers have experience in silo discharge and feeder design, as well as in chutes and transfer points.
To assist in detail design our experienced engineers have access to the following tools:
- Finite element analysis. We use Ansys to do detailed studies of material stresses in regions of concern.
- Structural steel design. Prokon and other tools mean we can quickly and cost-effectively design steelwork to meet the needs of any of our projects.
- Bulk solids flow visualisation. We use Bulk Flow Analyst for modelling transfer points. This visual approach assists in the optimisation phase of design.
- Pro Engineer. All our plants and equipment are drawn in ProE. This 3D parametric package allows visualisation of the plant and assists in eliminating plant and equipment interface issues.
- Civil design.
As a backdrop to the above we are continuously studying previous installations. This data is used to keep our designs up-to-date and to help us find new innovations and further optimisations.
Our design capabilities are not limited to use on turnkey projects. Speak to us about your feasibility study or other consulting requirements. If ideas must be generated then RULA is the right place to come!
RULA project management philosophy is driven through the systems, procedures that ensure quality turnkey projects are safely constructed timeously to ensure a successful completed project that satisfy the client’s requirements.
- Pressure Vessel Systems
- Conveying Pump Systems
- Hopper, Silo and other Aeration
- Silo discharge systems (for powdery materials)
- Valves – dome, diverter, flow control, single and double flap, cone, disk, non-return plus many others
- Vent Ducks
- Conveyor Belts
- Belt Scales
- Bucket Elevators
- Transfer Chutes
- Submerged Scraper Conveyors (SSC’s)
- Blower Houses
- Compressor Houses
- Control Rooms
- Foundations - Gantries & Plinths
- Other Civil Structures
- Platforms, Walkways and Staircases
- Lift Shafts
- Pipe Gantries
- Silo Steel Cones
- Electrical Reticulation
- Switch Gear Design
- Power Supply Cubicles
- Local Control Panels
- Field Instrumentation
- Process Control
- Mimic and PLC Control Systems
RULA has its own manufacturing, fabrication and assembly facilities in Johannesburg RULA also has direct interaction with a large number of specialised manufacturing subcontractors, e.g. sheet metal work, structural, heavy engineering, precision engineering, etc.
|Our manufacturing facilities include:|
- Sheet Metal
- Structural Steelwork
- Machine Shop
- Blasting Shop
- Spray Painting Shop
- Assembly Shop
- Electrical and C & I Workshop
- Storage & Logistics
RULA has an experienced and efficient erection team with expertise in:
|Our manufacturing facilities include:|
- Mechanical & Pneumatic Installations / Construction
- Structural Steel Work
- Platform and Walkways
- Piping and Ducting
- Provide after Sales Service – Complete with full Maintenance backup
- Conduct Plant Upgrade and Refurbishment
- In-house Cranage
- Our experienced engineers see each project through from conception to commissioning. This means that the design engineer is intimately involved in commissioning the final plant, thus ensuring design intent is carried through.
- Rula has an efficient and reliable spare parts department, where all technical enquiries are handled as a high priority.
- Rula supplies spares for various applications in the materials handling field. Our services range from RULA-installed plants and equipment to any other relevant application. The spares and equipment that we supply are RULA- designed and manufactured, which allows for optimum quality control. Our services also include repair and refurbishment of equipment.
- Our spares division is always broadening its scope of supply where our main objective is to deliver a service quickly and efficiently, while maintaining our high standard of quality and after-sales satisfaction.
- Ash Handling Plants
- Belt Conveyor Plants
- SSC - Submerged Scraper Conveyors
- Rail Unloading Tandem Tippler
- Ash Conditioners
- Fluid Couplings
- Filters & Fans