Johannesburg City Tour
Ndou Khulwane Travel And Tours
City Tour, Museum Africa, Consttution Hill,
R 1000 pp
R 500 pp
R 460 pp
Includes entry fees for Top of Africa
Pick up is in Johannesburg unless otherwise arranged
In an open grassy land the Boers established farms and in one of those farms gold was discovered by an Australian man, George Harrison, in 1886. The farms became a mining camp and that camp has since grown to be one of the biggest cities in the world today -JOBURG, JOZI, EGOLI, THE CITY OF GOLD, JOHANNESBURG.
Our tour takes us through the city centre where some of the attractions are;
* Constitution Hill – houses the new Constitution Court and the old Fort Prison Complex (better known by locals as Number 4). Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi and many other political prisoners spent time in this jail. The holding cells for women political prisoners still look like the time when Winnie Mandela and others were occupants of the cells. The videos of those prisoners narrating their time in this jail will make you really understand the horrors of apartheid.
* Museum Africa - which houses many fascinating geological specimens, paintings and photographs relating to South Africa’s music, mining, art, politics, development and photography.
* Top of Africa at the viewing gallery at the top of the tallest building in Africa, The Carlton Centre, you will have a panoramic view of the whole of Johannesburg
* SAB World of Beer (Closed Sundays & Mondays) - This museum is about the history of beer brewing and the process of beer making in South Africa. You will be offered two complimentary beers to enjoy at the tap room before you walk out of the museum.
* Diagonal Street – the old Johannesburg Exchange is in this street and the street is lined by with African and Indian herbalists’ shops. If you have any ailment you can acquire yourself some traditional medicine from one of these shops. These medicines ranges from roots, bark and leaves of trees to skins, bones, meat, blood, urine and dung of different animals, birds and reptiles.
* In this tour we also visit one or two of the northern suburbs of Johannesburg.
, Consttution Hill
, Mandela Bridge
, Museum Africa
, South African Brewary
, Top of Africa