THE BASIC FUNDAMENTALS OF BOOKKEEPING & SIMPLE ACCOUNTING COURSE
Institute of Secretarial Studies
Personal Development, Skills Development, courses
This course is an introduction to bookkeeping fundamentals and will suit those with no bookkeeping experience or knowledge. You will cover manual bookkeeping concepts and processes. In this easy to understand self-study course, we cover the concepts, modules and activities associated with bookkeeping, section by section. At the end of the programme, you will understand what you are doing as well as why you are doing it. The course starts with the different terminology used in bookkeeping, and the definitions of the various books used and entries made in the books. The course then moves on to an extremely practical learning process. On completion of this course, the learner will be capable of starting off a set of books for a small to medium sized business, enter all the transactions in the various books of first entry, post the entries to the general ledger, balance accounts at month-end or year-end, and draw up a Trial Balance.
The course can be successfully completed within approximately 6 – 12 weeks, depending on the learner’s ability to assimilate and interpret the very reader-friendly instructions included in the study material. The learner is required to complete practical exercises which are submitted to the college for adjudication. Marks are allocated for the assignment and learners who have obtained an average of 50% for all assignments and the examination will be awarded a Certificate in Basic Bookkeeping.
A Certificate of Competence on the following NQF level will be awarded once the assignment has been completed successfully. • NQF level 4 • 9 credits
6 -12 Weeks Self-study programme. Assignments for completion. Examination upon completion of studies.
· Anyone wanting to learn the basic fundamental processes of bookkeeping
· Secretaries, Receptionists and Administrative Staff who want to improve their financial and business skills.
· Small business owners.
· This course is an introduction to bookkeeping fundamentals and will suit those with no bookkeeping experience or knowledge.
The course will cover the following bookkeeping terms and key concepts:
3. Book keeping
4. Double Entry System
5. Main Accounting Terms
6. Accounting Equation
7. Advantages of Double Entry System.
8. Journal Entries
10. Rules Regarding Dr. And Cr. Entry
14. Trial Balance
15. Methods of Preparing Trial Balance
16. Objectives of preparing Trial Balance
17. Limitations of Trial Balance
18. Cash Book
19. Types of Cash Book
20. Simple Cash Book
21. Two Column Cash Book
22. Three Column Cash Book
23. Petty Cash Book.
24. Imprest System of Petty Cash Book.
25. Advantages of Petty Cash Book
26. Pass Book
27. Bank Reconciliation Statement
28. Causes for difference between Cash Book Balance and Pass Book Balance.
29. Need and importance of Bank Reconciliation Statement
30. Procedure for preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statement.
31. Single Entry System
32. Ascertainment of Profit under single entry system
33. Defects of single entry system
34. Ascertainment of Profit under double entry system
35. Final Accounts
36. Trading Account
37. Profit and Loss Account
38. Balance sheet
R1 790, 00 includes study material, supplementary reader, Certificate, Examination and Shipping of material with DHL Courier Services.
WE ARE NOW GOING GREEN: This course is now available on CD for R1090, 00 which means that you will receive all your course content on CD and not as printed material. Help us save the planet by choosing this option.
ENROLMENT FOR THIS PROGRAMME
To enrol your delegate for this course, kindly e-mail email@example.com
, Distance Learning Courses
, Personal Development
, Secretarial Courses
, Skills Development
, Skills Development Training
, Training Programmes