Canine Massage. Sports massage
Pet Groomer Fourways The Royal Pooch and co
Aromatherapy Massage, Canine Massage, dog muscle injurys,
Benefitsof Canine Massage
Canine massage can be offered for relaxation, rehabilitation or competition purposes (Therapeutic or sports massage). The benefits of massage for our canine friends are equivalent to the benefits experienced by us humans.
Canine Massage Therapy is a natural, clinical therapy that has many physiological and psychological benefits for our fury friends, including the following:
• Improves blood and lymph circulation
• Releases stored toxins in muscle tissue
• Relaxes and relieves tension
• Reduces stiffness
• Improves athletic performance by keeping the muscle fibres in good condition
• Improved mental focus and attitude (maybe link to behaviour rather?)
• Promotes healthy skin and coat by distributing natural oils.
• Reducesexercise-induced injury,
• Improves range of motion (R.O.M.)
• Shortens recovery time between competitions by maximising the flow of oxygen to the muscles through increased blood circulation.
• Helpsto provide pain relief from chronic conditions such as arthritis and hip dysplasia.
With a variety of sports and remedial massage techniques, I am able to manipulate the muscles, connective tissues, ligaments and tendons which will improve muscle function and will also have an effect on the posture.
Canine massage therapy should never be used as a substitute for veterinary care. However, just like with humans, massage in conjunction with medical care is very beneficial.
I am a qualified sports and remedial massage therapist with a profound understanding of the body, having worked with sports professionalsin many disciplines, such as:
◦ PSL side Bidvest Wits
◦ Gauteng Lions Rugby team
◦ Joel Stransky
◦ Team Sky professional cyclist and Tour de France winner,Chris Froome.
I have always had an immense passion for dogs. Through furthering my knowledge of the canine anatomy and physiology, I am now able provide the same benefits that my human patients receive to man’s best friend.
, Canine Massage
, dog muscle injurys
, sports massage for dogs