The selection of a pigment for a particular application is determined by cost, and by the physical properties of the pigment itself. The following are some of the attributes of pigments that determine their suitability for particular manufacturing processes and applications:
- Lightfastness and sensitivity to damage from ultra violet light
- Heat stability and
- Duration of heat stability
- Food Approval
- Opacity or transparency
Powder pigment blends offer superior performance in certain applications, and can also be more cost effective in the long term.
Applications which are suitable for pigment blends include:
Please contact us should you be interested in using pigments for your colourant needs.
- Rigid and Plasticised PVC extrusion and injection moulding
- Rotational Moulding for Low Density Polyethylene
- Injection Moulding for most carrier bases
- Candle manufacture