Steelhead Wide Area Network Optimization
Disaster Recovery, Data Center, Data Transfer
Steelhead® products from Riverbed Technology speed application performance and data transfer over the wide area network. These award-winning products overcome both bandwidth and latency problems to deliver the highest performance available on the market today. Steelhead appliances, Steelhead Mobile client software, and Virtual Steelhead™ work for companies of all sizes. Unlike other vendors’ offerings, Steelhead products from Riverbed go beyond simply offering Wide Area Network Optimization to help make your IT infrastructure run faster, better, and more securely — in the data center, at a branch office, on a worker’s laptop, and in public and private clouds.
With Steelhead products, you can meet the demand for anywhere-anytime access and improve user satisfaction, while lowering operational overhead and expenses.
Steelhead products from Riverbed®
- Accelerate the broad range of applications businesses care about most, including file sharing (CIFS and NFS), Exchange (MAPI), Lotus Notes, web (HTTP- and HTTPS-based applications), database (MS SQL and Oracle), and disaster recovery (EMC SRDF and FCIP) applications, using a range of application protocol-specific features that are unique to Riverbed
- Cut bandwidth usage, typically by 60- 95 percent, allowing you to defer expensive upgrades
- Offer real-time visibility into application and WAN performance, so you can use applications and resources more efficiently and effectively
- Optimize performance while maintaining security to help you meet audit, compliance regulations, and other security requirements
- Deploy in minutes without changes to applications, users, routers, or IT infrastructure
- Integrate easily and seamlessly into the most complex environments
- Scale to hundreds of sites with any-to-any connectivity; support tens of thousands of users on one device
With Riverbed Virtual Steelhead appliances, WAN optimization now extends to deployments where physical hardware may not be conveniently suited. Military deployments typically use ruggedized custom hardware, on which running a virtual machine is more convenient. Space-limited scenarios, such as mobile news vans or construction trailers may also require a form factor that is free from the physical limitations of hardware appliances.
The Virtual Steelhead appliance can be managed by industry standard virtualization tools such that it fits seamlessly into fully virtualized data center environments, where interoperability with existing management infrastructure is a must have. While targeted specifically for the above mentioned scenarios, Virtual Steelhead appliances can also be deployed as a cluster in order to scale to data center environments.
, Data Transfer
, Disaster Recovery
, Management Infrastructure
, Riverbed Technology
, Steelhead Appliance
, Wan Optimization
, Wide Area Network