Steelhead Mobile | Products & Services
"Documents that used to take 20 minutes to download from the SharePoint portal now take 10-30 seconds depending on location. With 75 times faster document access, it’s no surprise to see that general managers are adopting the SharePoint portal over faxing documents back and forth. For the company, it means that we’re now all communicating in real time and delivering the most up-to-date products and services to the customer."
—Steven Farley, Director of Information Systems and Operations, Einstein Noah Restaurant Group
With Steelhead® Mobile client software, companies of any size can give mobile workers LAN-like access to corporate files and applications no matter where they are in the world. Steelhead Mobile overcomes the challenges that plague mobile workers, including variable locations, inconsistent links, and high-latency environments, and it does so seamlessly and transparently. The result? Higher productivity and more efficient operations, access, and performance anywhere.
Steelhead Mobile from Riverbed®:
- Improves performance without burdening users. Steelhead Mobile operates through a simple software package installed on laptops or desktops. That means users don’t need to learn new technologies, change existing processes, or find new ways to collaborate. The only difference they’ll see is much faster performance — their applications, including Oracle E-Business Suite, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Exchange, will run 8-100 times faster.
- Speeds web-based applications by 20-60 times. Steelhead Mobile is built with the same Riverbed Optimization System (RiOS®) software that powers the Steelhead appliance, and provides the same optimizations and benefits that dramatically improve performance and minimizes bandwidth utilization. This consistency allows organizations to implement a single solution for branch office and mobile workers for web applications that rely on HTTP and HTTPS. Business-critical applications (such as SharePoint, intranet portals, and web-based document management systems) and web-enabled ERP and CRM applications (such as SAP NetWeaver, JD Edwards, and Siebel) are all accelerated up to 60 times faster.
- Accelerates Windows 7 and 64-bit systems. A Microsoft-signed filter driver brings all the benefits of Steelhead Mobile to Windows 7 and 64-bit systems. Organizations can now improve the performance of Microsoft’s entire catalog of operating systems and 64-bit systems that are required by memory and data intensive applications like Revit.
- Delivers “warm” performance regardless of location. Branch warming allows mobile and branch office users to share optimized data and experience even greater overall acceleration. Mobile workers can reap all the benefits of Steelhead optimization.
- Lowers costs. Steelhead Mobile reduces bandwidth use by 85-99 percent, cutting data charges that can be particularly costly for users connecting over data cards and satellite links.
- Deploys quickly and easily. Steelhead Mobile interacts directly with any Steelhead appliance to provide optimization. IT managers don't need to make any changes to routers, VPN infrastructure, SSL/HTTPS servers, or any other key technologies.
- Provides custom configuration capabilities. Using the Steelhead Mobile Controller, IT administrators can control the configuration policies that determine what optimizations take place per user or groups of users. They can also give users access to Steelhead Mobile-related information, or make Steelhead Mobile completely invisible. And they can manage Steelhead Mobile remotely from the Steelhead Mobile Controller.