I offer the following psychological services from my practice in Glover Avenue, Centurion.
Individual psychotherapy aims to address the main concerns of clients as they experience them in day-to-day living.
These concerns may be experienced at a personal or interpersonal level. Focus areas include:
- Exploring a clients past experience and developing an understanding of how that impacts their present state of mind.
- Discovering the potential inherent in the client to address the current issues at hand.
- To apply the clients inherent potential to successfully overcome difficulties and direct their lives in a meaningful way.
- Developing meaningful interpersonal relationships.
Marital Therapy / Couples Counselling
The aim of marital therapy and couples counselling is to establish effective ways of dealing with conflict in a relationship whilst developing certain principles to form the basis of the relationship.
These principles include:
- Mutual Understanding
- Effective communication
- Common vision
- Collaborative growth
Adolescent/ Teen Therapy
Adolescent or teen therapy aims to help a teenager understand their experiences as they move through adolescence. Once they have developed a better understanding of what they are experiencing they can develop effective ways of coping with these experiences. The challenge is to develop a sense of identity and focus in life amidst the chaos often experienced during adolescence.
The forensic psychology services I offer include:
- Psychological Evaluation
- Victims of Crime
- Competency to Stand Trial
- Mental Status Evaluation
- Full Forensic Assessment
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Pre-sentencing Reports