LeMark Training and Development (Pty) Ltd
Personal Development, Leadership Training, Management Training
3-DAY UNIVERSITY SHORT COURSE ON: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
(NQF level 5, 4 Credits) 11-13 March 2013
Next Dates: 7-9 October 2013
Venue: Pretoria, CBD
Strategic management is a process of continuous and repeated efforts to keep an organisation matched to the challenges of its environment. The South African public sector environment is in a constant state of change, requiring that strategic planning processes be repeated at least annually. Strategic management is designed to provide a department with the ability to act systematically and in a critical manner to create excellence in the future. Departments successful in this endeavour invariably achieve their success through mundane execution of the plans, operations, policies, and procedures. They monitor their progress constantly and continually readjust their actions to the environment as it shifts over time. Strategic management focuses on results – service delivery. The mindset of a department must be on achieving success and creating future excellence. Increasingly statutory imperatives such as National Treasury Regulations (2001) requires that government institution develop strategic plans and to integrate them into the budget process. This practical, competency based
3-day course in Strategic Management was to capacitate public managers to plan strategically and to
direct all resources towards the attainment of strategic objectives.
After successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand Strategic Management principles and processes
• Appreciate the South African Public Service context of applying Strategic Management
• Perform an environmental scanning process, both internally and externally
• Identify and assess key role-players and stakeholders in the strategic management process
• Perform a SWOT- and Force-Field Analyses
• Understand the importance of organisational culture and values
• Formulate suitable strategies
• Manage the implementation of strategies by applying Project Management principles
• Assess the success of the strategy through the development of performance and service delivery indicators
• Integrate the strategic plan into the budget process according to Treasury Regulations
• Understand the importance of strategic human resource management
• Apply basic strategic management tools, techniques and applications
• Facilitate a strategic planning session in your institution
MODULES AND CONTENT
1. Strategic Management Principles and Process
2. Applying Strategic Management: The South African Public Service Context
3. Regulatory and statutory framework (PFMA, GAMAP, GRAP)
4. The Strategic Management Process
5. Integrating strategic plan into the budgetary process
6. Strategic Management: Tools, Techniques and Applications
7. Strategic Plans: Practical examples
8. Planning a strategic planning workshop: Setting up a typical agenda for a strategic planning session
Minimum Entry Requirements: Please note that the minimum entry requirement for this course is Matric (Grade 12). Learners attending the course will be required to supply certified copies of their Identity Document and Matric (Grade 12) certificate.
Assessment: Competency assessment through a comprehensive assignment.
Re-submissions: When a learner is found Not Yet Competent, they will be given one chance to resubmit,
they will have 36 days (weekends & holidays included) to complete their POE/Assignment. Should they not meet this deadline or if they are found Not Competent for the second time they will
have to book, pay and attend the programme/course at their own expense.
Course Rate: R 5475.00 Per Person (Inc VAT, lunch, refreshments and study material)
Venue: Pretoria, CBD
Reference Number: Please use your invoice number
Closing date for registration: One Working Day before course starts
Cancellation Date: 7 Working Days before Course starts
The attendance of the first day of class as well as a total minimum of 80% class attendance is compulsory in order to be eligible to hand in your PoE/Assisgnment. After the successful completion of this skills programme and the portfolio of evidence (PoE), learners will receive a certificate of competence. Alternatively learners will receive a certificate of attendance if they do not wish to hand in a portfolio of evidence.
Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer:
• Admission conditions and cancellation policy applies. For full details contact LeMark Training & Development (Pty) Ltd or visit our web site: www.lemark.co.za
• LeMark reserves the right to postpone/reschedule or cancel SCHEDULED skills programmes or courses should the number of bookings not justify the presentation of the event. The liability of LeMark Training & Development in the event of a skills programme, seminar or course being cancelled will be limited to a refund of the event fees to the delegate.
• We reserve the right to change the venue and the order of the presentation or if absolute necessary to substitute a facilitator or presenter
• LeMark Training & Development is ACCREDITED by the SERVICES SETA as an institution delivering quality education and training Provider. Entity Number: (0149)2010/002646/02 (was2001/025985/23).
• Price and availability subject to change without notice, although we try to assure accuracy, LeMark cannot be responsible for typographical or photo error on our web site, electronic and printed material.
The first principle toward which LeMark strives is total client satisfaction. Our full promise to you is listed on our website www.lemark.co.za. We would love to hear from you, our valued client, if you feel we are not fulfilling our promise to you!
, Management Training
, Personal Development
, SETA Accredited Courses
, Strategic Management
, university short course