LeMark Training and Development (Pty) Ltd
Personal Development, Life Coaching, Leadership Training
TWO-DAY SKILLS PROGRAMME ON: REPORT WRITING
(NQF LEVEL 4, 6 CREDITS, Aligned to US: 110023) 27-28 February 2013
Next Dates: 24-25 April2013; 24-25 July2013 and 23-24 October2013
Venue: Pretoria, CBD
To achieve in the business world you have to be able to write well. Report writing is central to decision making. Report writing is a source of informing and persuading people. The ability to communicate clearly in writing is one of the most important skills for a person to develop. It will help to get your ideas across more effectively and get the results you desire in your business and personal life. Good writing is a skill you can learn. Your correspondence, whatever form or shape, must compete with the correspondence of everyone else who is doing what you are doing i.e. writing. So, it is important to produce more attractive, interesting and tasteful writing. When you are tasked with writing a business report, what you produce can have an impact on your career. Reports provide clear and focused information based on information researched. This course will equip you with the skills to write and produce accurate, powerful, effective and
professional business reports with confidence.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES: By the end of programme, learners will be able to:
• Define reports and describe the characteristics and features of a good report;
• Identify different types of reports and reflect on particular styles of writing reports;
• Determine the purpose of reports and identify the type of report requested;
• Investigate sources and analyse data to compile a report;
• Create report outlines / templates using different report structures;
• Apply correct grammar and writing conventions in composing reports;
• Refine reports through the process of drafting and editing and using a report writing Checklist;
• Distribute reports to readers and use recommendations to amend the report if necessary.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Any person working in administration in commercial and noncommercial
organizations (private and public sectors) who are looking to produce accurate and
professional business reports with confidence.
Module 1 - What is a report?
Module 2 - Defining the project – the report scope and terms of reference
Module 3 – Preparing the report
Module 4 – Writing the report
Module 5 – Distributing the report and implementing the recommendations
Module 6 – Additional Grammar Exercises
Module 7 – Additional Notes
Unit Standard: This programme is aligned to the following unit standard:
Unit standard Id:110023; Unit Standard Title: Present information in report format. This core unit standard is an extract of the following qualification: Further education and Training.
Certificate: Business Administration Services (Id: 61595) NQF Level 4
Assessment: Learners will have to prove their competence in applying the knowledge, skills and behaviour learnt during class exercises and group work. Each learner must submit a portfolio of evidence within a specific time-frame.
Re-submissions: When a learner is found Not Yet Competent, they will be given one chance to resubmit,
they will have 36 days (weekends & holidays included) to complete their PoE/Assignment. Should they not meet this deadline or if they are found Not Competent for the second time they will have to book, pay and attend the programme/course at their own expense.
The attendance of the first day of class as well as a total minimum of 80% class attendance is
compulsory in order to be eligible to hand in your PoE/Assisgnment. After the successful completion
of this skills programme and the portfolio of evidence (PoE), learners will receive a certificate of
competence. Alternatively learners will receive a certificate of attendance if they do not wish to hand
in a portfolio of evidence.
Rate: R 3970.00 per person (Inc VAT, lunch, refreshments & study material)
Venue: Protea Hotel Capital, Pretoria
Reference Number: Please use your invoice number Closing date for registration: Last Working Day before the Programme Starts.
Cancellation date: 7 Working Days Before the Programme Starts.
Please note: This skills programme is presented/facilitated in English.
Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer:
• Admission conditions and cancellation policy applies. For full details contact LeMark Training & Development (Pty) Ltd (LeMark) or visit our web site: www.lemark.co.za. LeMark reserves the right to postpone/reschedule or cancel SCHEDULED skills programmes or courses should the number of bookings not justify the presentation of the event. The liability of LeMark in the event of a skills programme,
seminar or course being cancelled will be limited to a refund of the event fees to the delegate.
• An official booking form confirmation (LeMark Complete Registration Form) must be received from the Customer in order to reserve a
place for all the LeMark Scheduled Training Programmes.
• Prior to the receipt, acceptance and acknowledgement by LeMark of your confirmation/ booking (registration form/s), you will not be
deemed as booked. (Please refer to Booking Procedure and Confirmation Instructions).
• It is the responsibility of the Customer to enquire should they not receive a confirmation from LeMark after they have submitted a registration form or payment for training.
• We reserve the right to change the venue and the order of the presentation or if absolutely necessary to substitute a facilitator or presenter.
• LeMark is ACCREDITED by the SERVICES SETA as an institution delivering quality education and training Provider. Entity Number:
• Price and availability subject to change without notice, although we try to assure accuracy, LeMark cannot be responsible for typographical or photo error on our web site, electronic and printed material.
, Leadership Training
, Life Coaching
, Personal Development
, Report Writing
, Short Courses