Professional Business Communication Skills: for the Executive Secretary & Parsonal Assistant
LeMark Training and Development (Pty) Ltd
Secretaries, Personal Assistants, LeMark Training & Development
3-Day Skills Programme on: Professional Business Communication Skills for the Executive Secretary & Personal Assistant
(NQF Level 4, 6 Credits, US :110021) 18-20 March 2013
Next Dates:24-26 June 2012; 29 September–1 October 2013 and 25-27 November 2013
Venue : Pretoria, CBD
It has been said that a manager is only effective as his/her support staff or P/A allows him or her to be.
While perhaps a extreme, the value of an excellent executive secretary/ support staff individual goes unquestioned. In order to make optimum use of their time and deliver exceptional results themselves, an assistant who is competent, efficient and presentable is a must have for any organisation.
In order to assist support staff (e.g. PA’s and Executive secretary’s) to develop the necessary skills, LeMark Training & Development is offering a course on Proffessional Business Communication skills for the Executive Secretary and Personal Assistant.
METHODOLOGY: This programme is based on adult skills principles and will focus on achieving specific outcomes and adding value in the workplace. This session is interactive and involves the participation of all learners.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES: After completion of this skills programme learners will be able to:
- Have excellent communication & conversation skills;
- Co-ordinate/arrange lunches and corporate functions;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills; - Adhere to company dress code;
- Liase with clients at executive level; - Have a thorough knowledge of the company & - Have excellent organisational skills; its competitors.
- Co-ordinate conferences, seminars and presentations;
- Co-ordinate/schedule meeting;
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Senior & Executive Secretaries, Personal Assistants, Executive
Assistants, Office Managers & Administrators wishing to enhance their ability to perform and be
happier with their responsibilities.
Module 1:Plan & Organise Your Own Work Your Role as a Support Staff member (e.g.Executive Secretary or Personall Assistant;(Including handling visitors and co-ordination functions etc. )
Effecitive Orginasing; Delegation; Planning; Planning & Preparation; Action Planning; Planning & monitoring procedures; Time Management; Problem Solving
Module 2: Maintain working Relationships (Oral Communication & Interpersonal Skills) Interpersonal Skills;
Working as a team; Communication; Customer Service; The role of the support staff in promoting the image and identity of the company; Telephone skills; Listening skills
Module 3: Basics or Maintaining files and Records Information practices and management; Legal framework for a sound record managment programme; Confidentiality and data protection requirements;
Filing; Identifying opportunities to improve your filing system and getting it done
Module 4: Personal effectiveness Caring for yourself; Stress; Motivation; Achieving a successful work record
Unit Standard: This programme is aligned to the following unit standard:
Unit Standard Id: 110021
Unit Standard Title: Achieve personal effectiveness in business environment
*This core unit standard is an extract of the following qualification: Further education & Training Certificate: Business Administration Services (Id: 61595) NQF Level 4 Assessment: Learners will have to prove their competence in applying the knowledge, skills and behaviour learnt during class exercises and group work. Each learner must submit a portfolio of evidence within a specific time-frame.
Re-submissions: When a learner is found Not Yet Competent, they will be given one chance to re-submit, they will have 36 days (weekends & holidays included) to complete their PoE/Assignment. Should they not meet this deadline or if they are found Not Competent for the second time they will have to book, pay and attend the programme/course at their own expense.
The attendance of the first day of class as well as a total minimum of 80% class attendance is compulsory in order to be eligible to hand in your PoE/Assisgnment. After the successful completion of this skills programme and the portfolio of evidence (PoE), learners will receive a certificate of competence. Alternatively learners will receive a certificate of attendance if they do not wish to hand in a portfolio of evidence.
Rate: R 4665.00 (Incl. VAT, lunch, refreshments & Manual, Assessment, Moderation & Certification).
Venue: Pretoria, CBD
Cancellation Date: 7 Working days before course commences Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer:
• Admission conditions and cancellation policy applies. For full details contact LeMark Training & Development (Pty) Ltd (LeMark) or visit our web site: www.lemark.co.za. LeMark reserves the right to postpone/reschedule or cancel SCHEDULED skills programmes or courses should the number of bookings not justify the presentation of the event. The liability of LeMark in the event of a skills programme, seminar or course being cancelled will be limited to a refund of the event fees to the delegate.
• An official booking form confirmation (LeMark Completed Registration Form) must be received from the Customer in order to reserve a place for all the LeMark Scheduled Training Programmes.
• Prior to the receipt, acceptance and acknowledgement by LeMark of your confirmation/booking (registration form/s), you will not be deemed as booked. (Please refer to Booking Procedure and Confirmation Instructions).
• It is the responsibility of the Customer to enquire should they not receive a confirmation from LeMark after they have submitted a registration form or payment for training.
• We reserve the right to change the venue and the order of the presentation or if absolute necessary to substitute a facilitator or presenter.
• LeMark is ACCREDITED by the SERVICES SETA as an institution delivering quality education and training Provider. Entity Number: (0149)2010/002646/02 (was2001/025985/23).
• Price and availability subject to change without notice, although we try to assure accuracy, LeMark cannot be responsible for typographical or photo error on our web site, electronic and printed material.
LeMark Training & Development
, Personal Assistants
, Professional Business Communications
, University Short Courses