Human Resource Management:
LeMark Training and Development (Pty) Ltd
Human Resource Management, university short course, for supervisors,
3-DAY SHORT COURSE IN: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT FOR SUPERVISORS
(NQF level 5, 4 Credits) Next Dates: 3-5 June2013 and 14-16 October2013
Venue: Pretoria, CBD
OUTCOMES: After completing this course, you should have knowledge and a clear understanding to equip yourself with the following competencies:
• To appreciate the changing role of supervisors in a dynamic public sector environment
• To understand the human responsibilities of modern public managers
• To evaluate the influence of various statutory and regulatory guidelines on human resource management
• To analyse the importance of sound labour relations on morale and productivity
• To build and maintain an coherent and effective team
• To effectively deal with disciplinary and grievance procedures in the work place
• To capacity and empower staff through training and development initiatives
• To perform a job analysis by incorporating job descriptions and job designs
• To effectively recruit, select and place staff
• To appraise the performance levels of staff to deal with health and safety issues in the work place
• To effectively communicate and delegate responsibilities
• To manage diversity issues and employment equity challenges
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Functionaries who act as supervisors on all levels of an Organisation (from office managers to assistant directors)
MODULE 1: Supervision - an overview
MODULE 2: The HR context - regulatory framework
MODULE 3: Labour relations
MODULE 4: Team building and the supervisor
MODULE 5: How to discipline and handle grievances
MODULE 6: Capacitating staff - training & development
MODULE 7: Job analysis and career management
MODULE 8: Recruitment, selection & placement
MODULE 9: Performance management
MODULE 10: Health and safety
MODULE 11: Communication and effective delegation
MODULE 12: Diversity issues and employment equity
ACCREDITATION STATUS: FULLY ACCREDITED
GET SOME $$$ MONEY BACK – FOR INVESTING IN YOUR STAFF - CLAIM YOUR LEVIES BACK – We are fully SETA accredited and that means you claim back up to 50% of the Course fee from your Seta, terms and conditions of your seta applies. Call us for a no-obligation Quotation for groups or In-house Training at: 012 654 4288 or 087 7009414.
Enquiries: Tel: (012) 654 4288 or 087 700 9414 (VOIP) Fax: (012) 654 8193 or 086 600 2338, Compliments
and Complaints to: [email protected] Sales Team: [email protected]; [email protected];
[email protected] or [email protected]; Sales Cell: 083 417 3090; PO Box 14047 Clubview, 0014. Web-site:
www.lemark.co.za . Terms & Conditions Apply for all LeMark Training Interventions. Minimum Entry Requirements: Please note that the minimum entry requirement for this course is Matric (Grade 12). Learners attending the course will be required to supply certified copies of their Identity Document and Matric certificate.
Assessment: Each learner must submit an assignment within a specific time-frame.
When a learner is found Not Yet Competent, they will be given one chance to re-submit, they will have 36 days (weekends & holidays included) to complete their PoE/Assignment. Should they not meet this deadline or if they are found Not Competent for the second time they will have to book, pay and attend the programme/course at their own expense. University Assessment Process Information & Unit Standards:
In terms of the Higher Education Act, all courses and programmes offered by North-West University
(Potchefstroom Campus) resort under the Council on Higher Education’s Quality Committee (CHE QC) for
assessment and quality-assurance purposes. All courses offered by the University are registered through
the prescribed higher education processes and are subject to internal quality assurance processes as far
as moderation, assessment and accreditation are concerned. When short courses are aligned to modules
of formal academic programmes of the NWU, or SAQA Registered Unit standards, they are credit-bearing
The attendance of the first day of class as well as a total minimum of 80% class attendance is compulsory in order to be eligible to hand in your PoE/Assisgnment. After the successful completion of this skills programme and the portfolio of evidence (PoE), learners will receive a certificate of competence. Alternatively learners will receive a certificate of attendance if they do not wish to hand in a portfolio of evidence.
Course Rate: R5480.00 per person (Incl VAT, lunch, refreshments, study material)
Venue: Pretoria, CBD
Reference Number: Please use your invoice number Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer:
• Admission conditions and cancellation policy applies. For full details contact LeMark Training &
Development (Pty) Ltd (LeMark) or visit our web site: www.lemark.co.za. LeMark reserves the right to postpone/reschedule or cancel SCHEDULED skills programmes or courses should the number of bookings not justify the presentation of the event. The liability of LeMark in the event of a skills programme, seminar or course being cancelled will be limited to a refund of the event fees to the delegate.
• An official booking form confirmation (LeMark Complete Registration Form) must be received from the Customer in order to reserve a place for all the LeMark Scheduled Training
• Prior to the receipt, acceptance and acknowledgement by LeMark of your confirmation/ booking
(registration form/s), you will not be deemed as booked. (Please refer to Booking Procedure and Confirmation Instructions).
• It is the responsibility of the Customer to enquire should they not receive a confirmation from LeMark after they have submitted a registration form or payment for training.
• We reserve the right to change the venue and the order of the presentation or if absolutely necessary to substitute a facilitator or presenter.
• LeMark is ACCREDITED by the SERVICES SETA as an institution delivering quality education and
training Provider. Entity Number: (0149)2010/002646/02 (was2001/025985/23).
• Price and availability subject to change without notice, although we try to assure accuracy, LeMark cannot be responsible for typographical or photo error on our web site, electronic and printed material.
, Human Resource Management
, LeMark Training and Development
, university short course