Business Writing Skills
LeMark Training and Development (Pty) Ltd
Corporate Events, Event Management, courses
3-DAY SKILLS PROGRAMME ON: BUSINESS WRITING SKILLS
(NQF level 4, 5 Credits – Aligned to US: 12153) 25-27 February 2012
Next dates: 3-5 July2013; 9-11 September2013 and 2-4 December2013
Venue: Pretoria, CBD
As English has become the main business language in South Africa, it is important for employees to
develop a sound ability to write in English. This involves a basic understanding or revision of the rules of
grammar, spelling and punctuation as well as the various types of business communication. The programme is experiential and allows participants to spend as much time as possible on writing and editing. (Please note: In addition to their Programme Manual, each learner also gets a Complimentary copy of the text book, “English Grammer”, by Rose & Purkis)
SKILLS PROGRAMME OUTCOMES: After completing this programme, learners will be able to:
• Explain the importance of grammar, punctuation and spelling when composing business texts.
• Identify the purpose / intent of a piece of business communication
• Identify the intended audience / readers for a business text (register)
• Select the appropriate text type to achieve the text’s purpose and audience’s needs
• Plan a business text – formal business letters, memoranda, emails, reports and meeting communication texts (notices, agendas and minutes)
• Organise and structure the text correctly (format and layout)
• Use correct grammar and textual features
• Refine business texts through the processes of drafting and editing
• Produce business texts - formal business letters, memoranda, emails, reports and meeting communication texts (notices, agendas and minutes)
• Communicate the same information using different business texts
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Persons at any level (from office support staff to director level) who
wish to develop a sound ability in business writing skills.
SKILLS PROGRAMME CONTENT/ OUTLINE:
Module 1 – Business writing grammar and conventions
Module 2 – The business letter, memorandum, facsimile and electronic mail
Module 3 – Business Report Writing
Module 4 – Meeting Communication
Unit Standard: This programme is aligned to the following unit standard:
Unit Standard Id: 12153
Unit Standard Title: Use the writing process to compose texts required in the business environment
This core unit standard is an extract of the following qualification:
• Further education and Training Certificate: Business Administration Services (Id: 61595) NQF Level 4
Learners will have to prove their competence in applying the knowledge, skills and behaviour learnt during class exercises and group work. Each learner must submit a portfolio of evidence (PoE) within a specific time-frame.
Re-submissions: When a learner is found Not Yet Competent, they will be given one chance to re-submit, they will have 36 days (weekends & holidays included) to complete their PoE/Assignment. Should they not meet this deadline or if they are found Not Competent for the second time they will have to book, pay and attend the programme/course at their own expense.
The attendance of the first day of class as well as a total minimum of 80% class attendance is
compulsary in order to be eligible to hand in your PoE/Assisgnment. After the successful
completion of this skills programme and the portfolio of evidence (PoE), learners will receive a
certificate of competence. Alternatively learners will receive a certificate of attendance if they
do not wish to hand in a portfolio of evidence.
Rate: R 4835.00 per person (Inc VAT lunch, refreshments & study material)
Venue: Pretoria. CBD
Reference Number: Please use your invoice number
Cancellation Date: 7 working Days before course starts
HOW TO BOOK: Book your seat at our Scheduled Training Dates or Call us for a no-obligation
Quotation for groups or In-house Training in your town or city.
Terms, Conditions & Disclaimer:
• Admission conditions and cancellation policy applies. For full details contact LeMark Training &
Development (Pty) Ltd (LeMark) or visit our web site: www.lemark.co.za. LeMark reserves the right to postpone/reschedule or cancel SCHEDULED skills programmes or courses should the number of bookings not justify the presentation of the event. The liability of LeMark in the event of a skills programme, seminar or course being cancelled will be limited to a refund of the event fees to the delegate.
• An official booking form confirmation (LeMark Complete Registration Form) must be received from the Customer in order to reserve a place for all the LeMark Scheduled Training Programmes.
• Prior to the receipt, acceptance and acknowledgement by LeMark of your confirmation/ booking
(registration form/s), you will not be deemed as booked. (Please refer to Booking Procedure and Confirmation Instructions).
• It is the responsibility of the Customer to enquiry should they not receive a confirmation from LeMark after they have submitted a registration form or payment for training.
• We reserve the right to change the venue and the order of the presentation or if absolute necessary to substitute a facilitator or presenter.
• LeMark is ACCREDITED by the SERVICES SETA as an institution delivering quality education and
training Provider. Entity Number: (0149)2010/002646/02 (was2001/025985/23).
• Price and availability subject to change without notice, although we try to assure accuracy, LeMark cannot
be responsible for typographical or photo error on our web site, electronic and printed material. The LeMark Customer Service Charter: The first principle toward which LeMark strives is total client satisfaction. Our full promise to you is listed on our website www.lemark.co.za. We would love to hear from you, our valued client, if you feel we are not fulfilling our promise to you!
Enquiries: Tel: (012) 654 4288 or 087 700 9414 (VOIP) Fax: (012) 654 8193 or 086 600 2338, Compliments
and Complaints to: [email protected] Sales Team: [email protected]; [email protected];
[email protected] or [email protected]; Sales Cell: 083 417 3090; PO Box 14047 Clubview, 0014.
Web-site: www.lemark.co.za Terms &Conditions apply to all LeMark Training Interventions.
Please note: the LeMark Course Rate includes:
The delivering of training, Assessment, Moderation & Certification Costs!
, Business Writing Skills
, Corporate Events
, Event Management