EconoStat is a Web-based data navigation and analysis application that
provides subscribers with the most up-to-date, easy access to historical economic
and socioeconomic time-series data. Continuous data evaluation and validation
checks guarantee timely, accurate, and prompt data delivery. Historical revisions
and changes to units of measurements, base years, definitions, and reporting
criteria are implemented as they become available. Our data specialists act
as a link between the data sources and you.
EconoStat allows you to focus on data analysis without the added concern
of data accumulation and evaluation, thereby increasing your productivity.
The ease of use and simple navigation give fast and reliable access to accurate
EconoStat provides easy access to time-series data by either using the
TSETools Excel® add in or by accessing the EconoStat Web interface.
Use the functions in the dropdown list to perform calculations and data
updates, draw graphs, edit formats, and activate the Help function.
Data access and manipulation
The TSETools graphics function offers a convenient and easy way to create
and maintain graphs within Excel. By making charts that auto-expand, updated
data tables will be reflected in the linked graph. Charts are exported in
standard picture format and can be imported into other applications, such
as Microsoft® Word or PowerPoint®.
Importing charts into other applications simplifies the process of writing
reports or presentations. Once a template is created, the exported Excel graphs
are updated automatically within the other applications upon opening the file.
- Create graphs in a new sheet
- Append series to existing graphs
- Export multiple charts by using the
- Bulk Export function
EconoStat contains economic and socioeconomic time-series data from a wide
spectrum of sources for different frequencies. Navigation is simplified by
arranging data series to correspond to the layout of the physical publications.
Examples of South African databanks
- Abstract of Agricultural Statistics, Department of Agriculture
- NAAMSA vehicle sales
- External trade, Department of Customs and Excise
- Housing price indices, ABSA
- Mineral production and sales data, Minerals Bureau
- National financial accounts, South African Reserve Bank
- Statistical releases from Statistics South Africa
- South African general macroeconomic indicators, Quarterly Bulletin,
and Bank Supervision, South African Reserve Bank
- Steel and engineering industries data, SEIFSA
- Preliminary trade statistics, Department of Customs and Excise
Examples of international databanks
- Developed economies and emerging markets data
- Foreign exchange data
- International financial statistics, IMF
- OECD main economic indicators
- World Bank indicators