Coached by professionals, managers get the unique opportunity to gain
years of management experience in days. In a simulated, but highly
realistic business environment, players, as the management teams of
their businesses, have to steer it to success while handling the
challenges of the broader economic environment, the market dynamics, the
characteristics of their field or industry, their own company strengths
and weaknesses and the actions of their competition.
We offer both corporate in-house programmes, uniquely designed according
to the organisation's development needs, and group-based workouts
focusing on specific management and leadership themes aimed at the
individual participant. The Business Challenge also serves as a powerful
technique to complement academic training, providing managers and
leaders with the opportunity to bridge the gap between theory and
Depending on the specific design of the session, we will achieve one or
more of the following results:
- Players will see the bigger business picture, and understand
better how their decisions impact on the bottom line of their
- They will develop a profound insight into the complex dynamics at
play in the market.
- They will experience the importance of differentiation, and learn
how to leverage the value chain to achieve that.
- They will develop an understanding of the importance of customer
service, and how the total value chain has to be aligned to
optimally satisfy the customer's needs.
- They will begin to understand what the important issues are when
managing a business, and how to focus their effort.
- They will learn the skill of business problem solving: how to get
to the root of the problem, to identify potential solutions, choose
the best alternative and focus on the important issues.
- They will learn how to analyse and interpret management
information (forecasts, sales reports, financial statements).
- They will develop a feel for the longer-term impact of their
- They will gain confidence in business decision-making in high
- They will experience the value of information sharing and
Our experience has shown the Business Challenge to be unrivalled
internationally in realism and representation of the dynamics and
complexity of management decision-making. It is a product that wins rave
reviews whereever we go.