The Health Act, 2003 (Act 61 of 2003), Foodstuffs, Cosmetics and Disinfectants Act (Act 54 of 1972) and numerous food standards contain provisions directing the Food industry to ensure the provision of safe, quality food and to maintain a high degree of hygiene.
With a network of offices throughout South Africa, Aspirata’s team of Hygiene, Food Safety and Quality specialists and practitioners are ideally positioned and have the necessary expertise to assist industry in complying with its legal obligations.
We offer the following Hygiene, Food Safety and Quality services:
- Food hygiene audits
- Food safety and quality systems audits
- Legal compliance audits
- HACCP Prerequisite Programmes: developing/auditing
- Abattoir audits
- Dairy audits
- Hazard and risk assessment
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) implementation/auditing
- Food, water and swab sampling
- Food poisoning: epidemiological investigation
- Food adulteration and sabotage investigations
- Food premises design and consultancy services
- Due diligence evaluations/investigations
- Client specific second and third party audits
- Food safety and quality forensic investigations
- Customer/consumer complaint investigations (food, hygiene, non-personal health services, etc.)
- Broiler chickens: humane rearing practices and food safety audits
Apart from these services, we also provide industry specific training and development programmes, as well as a wide variety of other consultancy and auditing services related to, amongst others, mystery shopper surveys, prisons and places of safekeeping, toxicology, etc.