Level 1 first aid is the prerequisite qualification for 1 in 100 office
workers and 1 in 20 factory workers as per the Occupational Health and
The course costs R500 but a full school class will get training for R250 each.
The course is presented in 18 hours over two days and
conforms to the requirements laid out in Document C.
Learners receive a full manual, mouth piece and gloves.
The course includes the following chapters:
- 1)Approaching a casualty.
- 21)How the body works - Anatomy and Physiology.
- 3)Artificial Respiration. (Adult, Child, Infant).
- 4)CPR. (Adult, Child, Infant).
- 5)Choking. (Adult, Child, Infant).
- 6)Medical conditions.
- 7)Wounds and Bleeding.
- 10)Head and Spinal injuries.
- 11)HIV and AIDS.