Our design and engineering facilities have the capabilities to manufacture and supply complete turnkey projects in both the hydraulic and pneumatic fields.
In the pneumatic field we are the licensed manufacturer of NORGREN / MARTONAIR cylinders in South Africa. We further manufacture our own range of cylinders, as well as 'special' cylinders to meet customer's requirements.
The Hydraulic Cylinder Workshop boasts honing machines that are capable of honing up to 8m long and 800mm in diameter. Our turning capabilities are up to 10m long with a maximum swing of 2m.
Within our Technical Department, Ernest Lowe offers a complete service from enquiry to order.
- Product selection
- Circuit design – using Automation Studio
- Circuit simulation – get it working on computer first
- Electronic Automation
- Cost estimating
- Project management
- Volume anticipation
- PLC Programming
Besides repairing Ernest Lowe products, we also repair/replace other products from other manufacturers, predominantly pumps and monoblock valves.
- Qualified repair technicians utilise the latest equipment.
- All products are disassembled and a computer-based quotation is prepared.
- A detailed report and repair programme then accompanies the quotation for customer approval.
- Test certificates are available to ensure that repaired products conform to the original specification.
- Main repair facilities are situated in Boksburg and Rustenburg.
- Repair contracts available to OEMs and end-users.
Resources and Employees
Ernest Lowe’s team is made up of professional and dedicated staff that are there to assist all customers and prospective customers, on all Hydraulic and Pneumatic requirements.
- 3 Divisional Managers - (Hydraulic, Pneumatic & Process Equipment)
- 12 Project Engineers (7 Hydraulic, 5 Pneumatic)
- 18 Branches and Branch Managers
- 8 Branches with their own manufacturing facilities, excluding Headquarters
- 47 Technical Sales Representatives
- ± R30m Inventory
- 220 plus employees
- Independent Distributors throughout Southern Africa