This is an exciting and very rewarding career with lots of opportunities. The main and important reason for an airline to employ Cabin Crew or Flight Attendants is to look after the safety and security of the passengers, aircraft and crew. Besides this paramount aspect of the position it is also to look after the comfort, care and serve the valued customers. Passenger spends a long time during the flight with the Cabin Crew or Flight Attendants, so it is obvious that these individuals make the biggest impression and ensure that they travel with your airline again.
If you love to work with people and travel this is the career for you. In order to meet the requirements as mentioned above Cabin Crew must therefore be friendly, approachable, flexible and very professional to express how much the airline cares for it’s valued guests ..
Full and Part time courses available.
· A Matric certificate (Grade 12)
· At least 18 (eighteen) years old
· Must be an able bodied person with excellent general health and in possession of a DD50 Aviation Doctor Certificate (This must be acquired prior to the course through a recommended qualified doctor)
· Must be conversant in English
· Must be able to help yourself and others in the water.
· Evacuation commands and announcements
· Practical use of all emergency equipment including escape slides
· Theoretical and practical aspects of an emergency landing on land / water (ditching)
· Aviation medicine
· Dangerous goods
· General operating procedures and General Cabin Crew duties
· Crew Resource Management (CRM)
· Theory of flight
· Security and Safety
· Aircraft familiarisation
· Air Law
· Additional courses including Soft Skills, Make-up, Wine Tasting and Service Etiquette
The final examination will be conducted by the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SA CAA) where after a Cabin Crew license will be issued to the successful individual.