LifeLine has a 40 year history of conducting Personal Growth (life-skills) and Counselling skills training.
The LifeLine Ekurhuleni Personal Growth Course is the foundation for all life skills training and is a prerequisite for the Counsellor training. The Personal Growth Course is known to be one of the most successful courses at developing a person’s potential as it uses a balance of training and experiential learning. The course has been refined over many years and provides a safe and confidential environment which allows participants to examine and share their experiences freely.
Participants of the Personal Growth course are also invited to enrol in the Counsellor course, from where individuals are selected to be LifeLine counsellors.
Over the past 15 years LifeLine has extended its training to include:
- 10 day condensed Personal Growth/Life skills and counselling skills training.
- Project Talk life skills programmes for children and adolescents.
- Communication and listening skills training.
- HIV/AIDS awareness training.
- Home-based Care Training (Dept of Health 69 Day Training).
- Trauma Support and Containment training.
- Victim Sensitivity training.
- Conflict Management training.
LifeLine Ekurhuleni also has a history of providing debriefing and supervision support to victim support centre volunteers, home-based caregivers and clinic counsellors.