Fire fighting chemicals
fire fighting chemical, WATER CHEMICAL,
environmentally friendly powder added to water to increase the water viscosity.
Effects of Hydrex are:
- A faster, more drastic reduction of the core temperature of the fire.
- Fire is extinguished in a shorter time using less water.
- The formation of the salt crust after evaporation of the water creates a barrier which prevents rapid re-igniton and makes the combustible material flame-resistent.
- Creates a cooling barrier against radiated heat.
- Spreading of the fire to neighbouring objects can be prevented by using a HYDREX water mixture.
fire fighting chemical
, WATER CHEMICAL