GLS Consulting | Stellenbosch | South Africa - process
Storm Water, Water Distribution
The principles applied to the service offered by GLS are: to establish optimum operation procedures, as well as to do long-term planning for a system using high quality computer modeling, simulation and reporting techniques.
- Survey of existing system ‘as-is’.
- Establishment of a computer database for the water distribution or sewer network which is compatible with CAD or GIS application software.
- Compilation and calibration of a computer model with which the system operation can be simulated in steady state or extended time simulation mode.
- Analysis, evaluation and recommendation of measures and rules for the optimal operation of the existing system.
- Analysis of non-revenue-water, assistance in the identification and location of losses and identification of water demand management measures.
- Analysis of leakage, infiltration and storm water ingress into the sewer system.
- Analysis of the effect on revenue of proposed tariff categories and scales.
- Assistance with decision-making during system operation.
- Analysis of the effect of extensions to the existing system.
- Establishment of a long-term master plan for extensions to the system, with optimal financial and strategic implementations, based on future planning scenarios.
- Compilation and operation of decision models for the optimal utilization of funds in the rehabilitation or replacement of system components.
- Training of management and operational personnel in the application of programs and systems/models at the client’s convenience in the own offices or in the GLS Consulting offices.
, Water Distribution