Register as individual taxpayer - Online financial service

By: Myfinance-online  11-11-2011
Keywords: Credit Card, Income tax, Registration Number

1. Why do you need my bank details?

SARS needs to capture and verify your bank details with the registration and won't process the registration without these details. This is needed for any possible future refunds.

2. How do I know this is safe?

We are registered accountants, registered with SAIPA with registration number 14491. You can visit their website at should you want to check our membership with them. You can also read through our as we have literally registered hundreds of taxpayers the past few years.

3. What if I don't have an IRP5?

If you haven't yet received an IRP5 or do not have on you can send us a copy of your latest payslip. We might then just need to contact you requesting a bit more info.

4. Wil I really receive a tax number within 5 hours?

We know is sounds to good to be true but in this instance it is just good service. On average you will receive your income tax number within 5 hours and in worst case scenarios (SARS systems down etc) you will receive you income tax number within 48 hours.

5. How will I receive my tax number?

Tax number will be e-mailed to you directly and can be double checked with SARS as soon as received from us.

You have to be a registered user to submit the online application form below.

Registration is free and will take 1 minute.

(Please ignore this message if you are already logged in)


If you don't want to follow the online route you can e-mail your latest IRP5 document, together with your banking details and proof of payment of R325 to and you will receive your tax number within 5 hours.

Before submitting the form below please read through the following information:

1. How does it work?

Step 1 - simply complete the form below and submit.

Step 2  - pay the R325 online via credit card on the site or by transfer/direct deposit.

You will receive your income tax number within 5 hours from applying and making payment.

2. What happens afterwards?

Once you are registered as a taxpayer you will have to submit a tax return (IT12S) to SARS annually, stating all your income for a particular financial year. As a myfinance-online user we will gladly assist you in this matter and you can even on this site

Additional forms/information that must be send to us after completing the form below: 1. Fax/e-mail us a copy of your latest  IRP5 received from your employer.

2. Fax/e-mail your bank details to us in the following format:

As from the current tax year any person who receives a salary MUST register for income tax and get a tax number. Even if a person's salary is below the tax threshold he/she must register for income tax.

Keywords: Credit Card, Income tax, Online Application Form, Registration Number, tax return

Other products and services from Myfinance-online


Submit Annual Return for Close Corporations/Companies (with CIPC

The entity will be referred for deregistration and then eventually de-registered from CIPC database which can mean that bank accounts will be frozen, no credit can be applied for etc. Confirmation that the Registrar is in possession of the latest information of the close corporation/company. Each close corporation/company is compelled in terms of the Act to lodge an Annual return once a year.



Please make sure you have all the information on hand needed for every specific form before you start completing it. Turnaround time for the service.


Amend a Close Corporation's Details (Add/Remove Member(s) etc

As soon as we receive the amended founding statement from CIPRO your oder status will be updated and the electronic form will be e-mailed to you directly. We do not render this service as the new accounting officer should be able to assist you with this. The new proposed names are send to the Registrar who will test the names for comparative names. All current members as well as new/resigning members where applicable.


Convert a Close Corporation (CC) into a Private Company Pty (Ltd

Although not compulsary it is highly recommended that you convert your current Close Corporation into a Company as defined in the new companies act of 2008. Just complete the attached form, make payment for the R350, and post the signed Power of Attorney and statement of Consent forms to us. We will send the incorporatiion certificate to you as soon as the conversion has been done by CIPC.


Restore a De-registered CC/Company - Online financial service

The fee of R450 is all inclusive (CIPRO/CIPC fees included) This fee is for restoration of a CC/COMPANY only,and obviously it doesn't include the fees for annual returns as explained in point 3 above. When annual returns are not submitted over a period of time CIPRO/CIPC will come to the conclusion that the CC/COMPANY is not in business anymore and de-register the CC/COMPANY.


Register A Company - Online financial service

A private company will still be prohibited from offering its shares to the public and the transferability of its shares will be restricted, but it may now have more than 50 shareholders. IF YOU DON'T FEEL LIKE DOING IT ONLINE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM HERE. It will be the duties of the directors to see to it that proper records are kept. Same skill and experience of that director – a reasonable man/women test.


Register a Close Corporation/Company for income tax and obtain a tax clearance (tax clearance optional

If you selected the option to receive a tax clearance certificate, it will be posted via priority mail to the client as soon as the entity is registered for income tax. If already registered the business need not to register for a separate income tax number as all income must be declared in the owner’s personal capacity.


New Companies Act 2008 - effective from 1 May 2011

The restoration of de-registered enties has also been changed with more info/supporting documents now required to restore an entity. The new Companies act has now been implemented introducing quite a few changes in the registrations of companies. No new Close Corporations can be registered anymore.