Over the years Fibre Break has purchased a great deal of splicing equipment. All our equipment is of optimum quality to ensure a high standard of workmanship and ease of work.
We also believe that, in order to complete a job correctly, a fibre technician should be given the correct tool to complete a job.
Tools that Fibre Break currently uses:
- Fujikura 60S Fusion Splicer (Core Alignment Splicer)
- Fujikura 17S Fusion Splicer (V – Grove Splicer)
- Optec Fusion Splicer (Core Alignment Splicer)
- EXFO FTB-200 OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer )
- EXFO FTB-7300D-234B Single Mode Module 1310/1550/1625nm Wavelengths (9/125 μm)
- FIS Multi Mode & Single Mode OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer)
- Optical Light Source And Power Meters
- 2 x CT – 30 Precision Cleaver’s
- Optec Precision Cleaver
- Various Fibre Optical Preparation Tools
- Various Vehicles
All our equipment is well cared for and serviced regularly to ensure that it operates to correct standards.
All splicing and testing equipment has calibration certification and certificates available on request.
Additional equipment would be purchase-dependent on the requirements of the project.
All equipment purchased will adhere to the project standard of splicing and testing.
With our existing equipment we have successfully completed all our projects to the required standards.
We have worked with Fujikura equipment and found it to be reliable and produce the best splice results.
All the equipment we have, and intend to purchase, is serviceable by the agents in South Africa.
Prior to commencement of any work all our equipment will be calibrated to ensure that it is working correctly.