The Viasat 5.1 Security On Board Device is an anti burglar system specifically conceived for the security of private and commercial vehicles.
It can locate the vehicle through a GPS receiver, and can comunicate its position to a control room through the GSM/GPRS network.
Viasat 5.1 Security has been designed for a rapid and effective installation on vehicles with +12 and +24 VDC battery power.
The heart of Viasat 5.1 Security is a microprocessor-based unit integrating the GSM/GPRS modem, the GPS receiver and the I/O peripherals.
The unit is connected to the vehicle electric wiring through a cable easy and fast to be installed. Installation is completed by positioning the antennas.
The unit can be equipped with an automatic driver authentication unit.
- Enclosure in light but robust plastics;
- 12 channel Tyco GPS receiver;
- GSM/GPRS Motorola g20 DualBand modem;
- Machine to machine Viasat Sim Card;
- Integrated 3D acceleration sensor;
- Rechargeable backup battery;
- IR keyboard;
- Integrated motor starter disabling by command from control room;
- Integrated crash sensor;
- Automatic password system;
- Radiofrequency driver authentifier with dedicated input;
- Tamper sensor for self-protection;
- Perimetral sensor;
- Output for local signal driver by control room;
- Complies with the severest homologation standards.
The Viasat 5.1 Security unit has following functions that are enabled after subscription of a security contract:
Active security: Vehicle immobilizing by command from control room (accordingly to specific laws);
- Motor starter disabling through internal relay by command from control room;
- Alarm for unauthorized usage of vehicle;
- Alarm for vehicle movement through specific Viasat technology;
- Accident alarm;
- Anti-robbery function;
- Events display on customer mobile phone;
- Viasat 5.1 Security management by customer mobile phone;
- Visual or acoustic outputs triggered by control room;
- Valet function;
Insurance functions: Viasat 5.1 Security may transmit to control room software through GPRS (when outside roaming) the following info:
- Real time GPS info for tracking;
- Trip data logged;
- Crash data.
Both functions may be enabled/disabled when requested.
Trip data are circularly stored in the device memory. Following trip data are stored:
- Motor on/motor off events;
- Change of state, anomaly and alarm events;
- A number of positions per Km depending from speed;
Every record includes GPS info about date, time, position, speed, and moreover I/Os, device status, power supplì status.
About 12.000 records may be stored.
Crash data cover time from 45 seconds before accident, 1 second after accident trigger at higher time resolution, and further 30 seconds after accident. Crash data are automatically sent via GPRS channel after accident.