Travel Berkey® (Comes with 2 Black Berkey filters – Option to come with 4)
The compact Travel Berkey® system
is perfect for travel, camping, other outdoor activities or unexpected
emergencies. And is a must for countries like South Africa where the
purity of even municipality water is becoming questionable at best.
Height when in use: 45.72cm
Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 30.48 cm
Diameter: 19.05 cm
Storage Capacity: 5.7 litres
Filtration rate: (with two Black Berkey® purification elements): 9.5 litres per hour*.
* Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water
from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water
supplies in countries where regulations may be substandard at best.
Perfect for outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where
electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel, the system comes
complete with two purification elements and utilizes the latest
The Travel Berkey® system does the following:
- has Self-Sterilizing purification elements
- removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely
- removes viruses MS2 and FR Coliphage
- removes disease causing bacteria by 99.99999%, including Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes
- reduces nitrates and nitrites
- reduces heavy metals such as aluminium, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead and mercury by up to 99.9%
- reduces bad taste & odours
- removes silt and sediment making your water crystal clear
system is so powerful it can remove red food colouring from water
without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no
other system can duplicate this performance.
Black Berkey purification elements can be cleaned and re-used up to
several years depending on the original water quality. Additionally,
it uses a gravity-based system instead of relying on electricity,
thereby making this system very cost effective, especially with
upcoming rises in South African electricity rates.