Sport Berkey Portable Water Purifier (with 1 mini-element)
The Sport Berkey Portable Water Purifier®
is the ideal personal protection travelling companion. Featuring an
IONIC Adsorbtion Micro Filtration System that is capable of a 99.99%
reduction in heavy metals, toxic chemicals and pathogens, it’s great
for travel, camping, other outdoor activities, or use on the job or
while working out in the gym.
Justfill, squeeze and drink clear, refreshing clean water.
Storage Capacity: About 710 ml
This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw
water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and
water supplies in countries where regulations may be substandard at
best. It can be used in hostile environments where electricity, water
pressure or treated water may not be available.
- comes complete with 1 mini Black Berkey® purification element
- made of a lightweight BPA-FREE low density polyethylene plastic
- does not leach foul tasting plasticizers into your water
- will not retain foul tastes and odours from waterborne contaminants
The Sport Berkey® filters the following:
- removes harmful microscopic pathogens by 99.9% including e-coli, cryptosporidium, and giardia
- extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, detergents, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes
- reduces heavy metals such as aluminium, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead and mercury by up to 99.9%
- reduces unpleasant taste, odours, cloudiness, silt and sediment and chlorine by 99.9%
using a source of water that might contain extreme bacteriological or
viral contamination, it is recommended that two drops of plain Clorox
or iodine be added to each refill before filtering. This will kill
minute pathogens such as viruses. The disinfectant will then be
filtered from the water entirely removing its odour, colour and taste.
Economical, Long-lasting Filter Elements
Compared to purchasing bottled water, the Sport Berkey is very
economical. New filters need only be replaced about every 6 months
under normal usage or as follows:
- 1600 refills/about 946 litres for removal of chlorine, unpleasant taste and odours.
- 640 refills/about 378 litres for consistent removal of microbiological contaminants.
- 160 refills/about 95 litres for use with heavily contaminated water.