The Imperial Berkey® system is
perfect for small to medium sized groups, at home, churches, hospitals
orphanages, outdoor activities or unexpected emergencies. And is a
must for countries like South Africa where the purity of even
municipality water is becoming questionable at best.
Height when in use: 65.4cm
Compact Height for travel (upper chamber nests in lower): 43.18 cm
Diameter: 25.4 cm
Storage Capacity: 17 litres
- with four Black Berkey® purification elements): 41.6 litres per hour*
- with two Black Berkey® purification elements): 20.8 litres per hour*
* This system can be expanded to use six purification elements
and is capable of purifying up to 62.5 litres per hour. Flow rate
calculated with upper chamber full to top and decreases as water level
This powerful system purifies both
treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote
lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in countries where
regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for outdoor activities
and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or
treated water may not be available.
Constructed of highly polished 304 stainless steel, the system comes complete with either two or four purification elements and utilizes the latest technological advances.
The Imperial Berkey® system does the following:
- has Self-Sterilizing purification elements
- removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely
- removes viruses MS2 and FR Coliphage
- removes disease causing bacteria by 99.99999%, including Cholera, Typhoid, Salmonella, E. Coli, Fecal Coliform
- extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes
- reduces nitrates and nitrites
- reduces heavy metals such as aluminium, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead and mercury by up to 99.9%
- reduces bad taste & odours
- removes silt and sediment making your water crystal clear
system is so powerful it can remove red food colouring from water
without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no
other system can duplicate this performance.
Black Berkey purification elements can be cleaned and re-used up to
several years depending on the original water quality. Additionally,
it uses a gravity-based system instead of relying on electricity,
thereby making this system very cost effective, especially with
upcoming rises in South African electricity rates.