Ancient Thai Massage is a unique form of Body Therapy that incorporates Hata Yoga, Reflexology, meridian work and Acupressure.
A practical and theoretical training in the art of Traditional Thai Yoga Massage where you will learn the complete traditional set of Thai Massage in the Front, Side, Back and Sitting positions, following the northern Thailand style of teaching of Chiang Mai Schools as follows:
- - 134 positions, each one with diagrams, photographs and descriptions
- - Stretching, Mobilizations and Deep pressure techniques to release muscle tension and improve flexibility
- - All relevant muscle and skeletal A&P
- - A background to Chinese Medicine and SEN theory
- - Safe practice techniques
- - Myofascial trigger points for each area of technique
- - Stretching; how to work with key muscle reflexes
Every class starts with a Yoga session/Meditation, followed by the Tutor practical demonstration and all day practice.
The course is suitable for:
- - Complete beginners thinking of starting a career in body work
- - People who simply wish to learn an effective healing art to practice on friends and family
- - Professional Therapists already working with alternative therapies who wish to further their studies
- - Yoga teachers, osteopaths, physiotherapists, dancers and sports people, who will find Thai Yoga Massage invaluable for increasing their hands-on skills
Completion of 5 Case Studies (4 treatments per case study for a total of 20 treatments; up to 2 months after completion of the course is allowed)
A practical examination lasting 2 hours
The course consists of 10 lessons (60 training hours). Each lesson begins with a lecture and demonstration, followed by all day supervised practice. Unlike other courses, we do not divide training in Level 1 and 2 as in order to practice and understand the full sequence the whole training has to be undertaken.
Once qualified, Students will also benefit from ongoing training days where at no extra cost they will be assisting the Tutor with new classes with the role of Student/Assistant.
We emphasize small class sizes to insure that each student receives the maximum personal attention possible.
Successful completion of this Diploma course will provide you with the professional title of "Thai Yoga Massage Therapist", and the knowledge and techniques needed to give a treatment.
Visit our website for news, information, and everything related to Thailand and Traditional Thai Massage & check out our training gallery or simply email us