Reduce preventable and treatable blindness and visual impairment
international, Fundraising, Blindness
Orbis facilitates quality eye care by providing the following tools, training and technology for local partners to develop lasting solutions to avoidable blindness:
1. Volunteer Faculty (VF) providing high-quality training to local partners during Hospital Based Programmes, Flying Eye Hospital visits and through Cyber-Sight.
2. Hospital Based Programmes providing hands-on training and skills exchange with key eye health professionals.at local eye health partner hospitals.
3. The Orbis Flying Eye Hospital (FEH), the world’s only flying ophthalmic teaching hospital.
4. Cyber-Sight, an ophthalmic telemedicine website offering patient consultation, mentoring and e-learning resources and connecting local partners with VF.
5. Research informing global blindness prevention for adults and children in developing countries.
6. Advocacy for increased and improved eye care in developing countries.
7. Multi-disciplinary hospital based assessments of eye health needs at Eye Health Training Institutions and Eye Health Hospitals.
8. Sub-specialty training opportunities that are customised for each country’s needs.