Using our Simpana® software Resource Management Module can help you with:
In todayâsâ tough economic conditions, IT teams face the challenge of managing ever-growing amounts of data in both physical and virtual storage with limited resources and constrained IT budgets. Itâs often difficult for IT departments to anticipate and to accurately budget for storage infrastructure requirements. In order to maximize storage resource utilization, they must use their existing infrastructure efficiently without sacrificing performance.
CommVault® Simpana® Storage Resource Management: Data Storage Management Software
CommVault Simpana Storage Resource Management (SRM) software analyzes, discovers, tracks, trends, and reports on physical and virtual storage usage. SRM provides unparalleled insight into data across file systems, applications, databases and geographies, all from a single console. Simpana software is the industryâs only SRM solution that is fully integrated into backup and archive operations, making the use and deployment of SRM fast and simple, with no additional training required. CommVaultâs integrated approach also means you can leverage existing technology to modernize antiquated manual reporting processes. Simpana 9 delivers detailed analysis, reporting, trending, and chargeback across the enterprise. With an accurate view of storage utilization across the enterprise, you can make informed decisions that translate into real business value.
Storage Resource Management Benefits:
- Analyze and view physical and virtual storage utilizations and maximize their usage.
- Make informed decisions on how best to deploy an application in a virtualized environment.
- Identify stale data and make informed decisions on your archiving rules and storage policies.
- Leverage file-level analytics for physical and virtual environments.
- Reclaim physical and virtual storage capacities using integrated archiving actions within SRM reports.
- Produce chargeback reports based on physical and virtual machine capacities.
SRM Reporting Graphic
Sample SRM File System Reports by size, type, access time and modification time