Perforated roller shutter doors are suitable for shop fronts, much the same as grille and Finestra roller shutter doors, where full vision is required to provide passers-by to see shop displays. Finestra roller shutter doors are furthermore suitable for openings or an area that needs to be secured and needs ventilation like boiler room and undercover parking areas. This roller shutter doors are very much in demand due to there very neat finish and appearance at shop fronts.
Perforated roller shutter doors are manufactured to the specifications of the client or developer and will be manufactured to suite any reasonable size of opening. Perforated roller shutter doors have a very low maintenance factor, both maintenance and repairs. Perforated roller shutter doors mainly consist of:
- Shaft : (Mild steel barrel, spring loaded for counter balance and easy operation.
- Guides rails : (Mild steel channel 75mm x 25mm x 3 x required length, one on each side. (Hot dipped galvanised, to prevent rusting in coastal areas).
- Slats : (Cold rolled galvanised coil strips formed into the required shape, 80mm x the required length. Slats consist of thousand punched holes to give the appearance).
- T Section : (40mm x 40mm x 3mm x required length to add stability to the curtain of a roller shutter door. This is also hot dipped galvanised to prevent rusting in coastal areas.)
- Canopy : (Cold roller galvanised sheet bent in the shape to cover the shaft and providing the roller shutter doors with a appealing finish).
OPERATION: Perforated shutter doors can be operated in the following ways:
- Crank operation : Operated by means of a crank handle and gearbox.
- Chain operation : Operated by means of a continuous chain and a pulling action.
- Push-up : Operation by means of a pulling up or down action. There will be no operation system (as above) present and is not suitable for doors wider than 2.50mm high x 2.500m wide.
- Electrical operation : As optional operating systems, can roller shutter be electrical operated. We offer the choice between a single or three phase electric motor. Electrical connections can be performed by your own appointed electrician or we will be glad to appoint one to do all electrical work.
LOCKING: Perforated shutter doors have very basic and standard means of locking:
- Crank operated roller shutter doors have a crank handle which is lockable.
- Chain operated roller shutter doors are locked by means of a bracket mounted against the guide rail.
- Push-up roller doors as a sliding bolt mechanism on the T Section.
- Electrical operated roller shutter doors have no locking mechanism as it is not needed due to the working of the electric motors.
FINISHING: Perforated roller shutter doors are galvanised, but can be powder coated if required.